Sunday, December 6, 2009

What to say?











Well I am sure that everyone wants updates but honestly I just don't know what to say.....Each day is a little harder for Eric and a little harder for me. To see the man you love become weaker each day is truly the worst thing that I have ever had to see. Eric spends about 80% of his day in bed sleeping, he needs help with all daily living skills except eating and he talks very little. Although he does still continue to make us laugh when he does say something. I think for the moment I am just getting by each day, going though the motions. I wish that I was as strong as Eric and had the same positive attitude but it seems almost impossible right now. As for Hunter he seems to be doing pretty good all things considered. He is a little more active than normal which for those of you who know him are probably wondering how that is possible but just to let you know it is. His teacher thinks that is the way for him to release his emotions and I tend to agree. Unfortunately Eric can't deal well with the commotion and energy and the rest of the family is sad so it makes it a bit more difficult for Hunter.

The pictures that I have posted are the finished pictures from the pillows that we made. They turned out just beautiful and we are so lucky to have them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallie, thank you for taking time away from being with your family now to update "us"! I do find myself checking the blog several times a day for any information. I am truly blessed to know you and your family! Even though it has been so long since I have spent any amount of time with you and Eric I still often think of all the wonderful times we spent together from so long ago! I feel so fortunate to know Eric and have many wonderful memories of the two of you. My daughters find themselves checking the blog as well. I peeked over their shoulders the other day as they read the Thursday update......they feel blessed that I have had the pleasure to know who you all are! You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Chrissy Nigrelli

Jackie said...

I know you don't know me, but I heard about your blog through a friend of a friend. I have followed it continuously and just need you to know how often I think about you and your family. I lost my husband to cancer almost 6 months ago, and we have a 4-year-old little boy. My heart hurts for you and the path you are walking. If you ever need to talk, vent, write, ask questions, anything at all, I would be more than willing to do any of the above. I am constantly thinking/praying for you all.

Jackie
jacbartak@sbcglobal.net
http://bartak.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My love and comforting thoughts. Wish I could do more.
Love
LCS

Anonymous said...

Wished we were closer so we do help out.
Our hearts are breaking. We love you guys.
Dan & LeeAnn

The Seldons said...

For not knowing what to say, you sure did an eloquent job of saying a lot Hallie. We can only attempt to imagine how difficult this is for all of you and wish you peace and tranquility during these times and beyond.

Anonymous said...

Like the others have said, we find ourselves checking your blog multiple times a day. You are an amazing woman Hallie and Eric and Hunter are so blessed to have you as their wife/mother. Thank you for keeping us updated when I know you want to spend every second with Eric. We continue to pray for all of you and want you to know you all are never far from our thoughts. Keep the faith and know that there are many, many people lifting you up in prayer.

Much love,

Terry & Liz Miller

Anonymous said...

Hallie, thanks for sharing. Not a moment goes by that I don't pray for Eric, you and Hunter! You are amazing, and what memories you have created! I'll always be here for you! Maureen "W"