Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another Day....

I just wanted put put up a quick update about Eric and the going's on in the Botkin house. First off you can imagine the calls and visitors, it is nice to have so much support during this difficult time. Eric continues to fight each day with faith and a sense of humor, so sarcastic even when he fills yucky. He continues to make me laugh which of course helps me get though the day. No big changes in his condition except I found out today after 17 years of being married that he likes his feet massaged.....who know! Well maybe that's too much info.....Anyhow Hunter is finishing his last few days at school and getting ready to be off for 2 weeks. I hope Santa is good to him, he has way to much energy to not be busy when not in school. He can run circles around the best of us..... I have almost finished our Christmas cards.....what a job. I send 100+ cards out each year and it gets bigger each year. I should be finished soon and can check another thing off the to do list.

Finally I wanted to say great job to my students @ CHS for their beautiful chorus performance. I was able to sneak out for a few hours and I enjoyed watching them in all their glory. The standing "O" was fantastic and they all made me proud!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halli, you are amazing as is Eric. Living so far from you guys, Scott & Mel, Mark & Kimberly...even 5 hours from Neil is too far has been hard. Your and Eric's posting your journey has been for us something along the same idea of how mom and dad check on the kids before we go to bed; I find myself constantly checking the blog feeling as if we're still closeby in some wierd sense in all of this which makes no sense! I hope you can give yourself a break in all the holiday season and caring for Eric and Hunter.
All for one and one for all....always!
Dan and LeeAnn

Anonymous said...

keep the faith you are doing so good.I pray a little harder every night for another day for your family.Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Halli, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have seen far too many of my brothers go! I wish you and your family the best! Iam sorry I can not help more! I sit here now and listen to " Amazing Grace" and feel for both you and your son!! God bless and take care!!

Kurt Scorza said...

you know growing up with you and Eric I have so many fond memories! But one thing I will always remember about him was his postive attitude about EVERYTHING! He could always make the best out of every situation! You guys are such a testimony!
How Eric has handled this is so powerful and inspiring! I hope somehow you can get this unknown jouney printed to keep for Hunter.
It would be a wonderful book for him down the road.
Melinda

Anonymous said...

May Jesus continue to pour out His peace upon each of you. He has blessed you with such a beatiful gift of faith and it blesses all who read your journey. You are in our prayers continually.
Love, Mike and Susie Farris