Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's been a few days....


Well I know the last post was a few days ago and some gentle reminding about this makes me come to the blog today to update and fill people in on the going's on in the Botkin house hold.

Eric-Well he continues to eat so this is a good sign. He sleeps most of the day, and likes me to be with him when I am home and really does not want me to leave the house. It makes him irritable . He is having more difficulty communicating which can be a challenge for me but almost impossible for anyone else. It seems as if he gets more restless in the evening hours so this makes it hard for me because I know this is not a good sign. He does not want to bathe, take his pills or do any kind of moving so it is a challenge to get him to do any of this. A little tough love from me or his sister gets him on the move. He often tells me no! no! no! but I really never listen anyhow so now is no different. I am feeling that he continues to decline but for today I believe that he is still fighting to be here and get though the holiday's.

Hunter- Well Hunter is on break from school for 2 week and is ready for Santa to visit. (hoping for one more year at least with that one). He is excited for Christmas even though we all this drama at home. I will have to say that it seems Hunter is handling all of this pretty well. He is a great kid and we are so lucky to have him.

Me-I have finished all the Christmas shopping and wrapping. Hunter was easy to shop for but as you can imagine Eric was a bit difficult. I took Hunter to the movies today and we saw Blindside. It was a great movie and nice to get out for a few hours. Eric was mad but it is also important that Hunter have some mommy time also. I have been wanting to see the movie and I am glad I did. So now it is time to get ready for Christmas.......

On a final note......I'm sure it is unimaginable having to go though the Christmas holiday with Eric being so sick. On one hand it is just awful but as I was thinking about the situation I realized that God has worked a miracle for us and for me. If Eric was in the situation any other time of the year I would be sitting here in our bedroom unable to leave just waiting for him to die. I know that sounds awful......but since Christmas is here and we have a ten year old it is a little difficult not to celebrate the holiday. Even though it just won't be the same I am excited because Hunter is excited. Today he received a letter from Santa and his eyes sparkled. This sparkle is what is helping me get though the holiday season. So please remember us on this very important day but celebrate the gift of Jesus and live though the sparkle of a child's eyes.

One more final note.....the picture that you see at the top of the blog is a charcoal drawing done by a friend of mine. I have attached her website.....her work is fantastic and her husband is the photographer who did our pictures. Such a blessing to have a piece of art like this a memory that will be forever treasured.

www.charcoalsbydawnmarie.com
Dawn Reza and Jim....


God bless & Merry Christmas,

Hallie


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to hear your voice today Hallie. I've missed you, Eric and Hunter. You are an amazing woman and I feel blessed to have such an incredible person in my life. You and Eric have been such good friends to Tom and me and to think that you took time out of your busy day today to call me and make ME feel better says so much about the kind of friend you are! I love you, my friend and if there is anything I can do to help ease your burden and make this journey easier on you, please call on me - I'll do whatever I can...
Love,
Kim

Jackie said...

Beautiful picture... absolutely stunning.

Hunter deserves your one on one time too, he is and will continue to be your spark, your light, your reason to keep going. Nurturing your relationship with him is so very important right now.

It's hard to leave the house... yet it's hard to just stay home and watch him sleep. A debate I lived for weeks and weeks. In all honesty, you will KNOW when you shouldn't leave. I can't explain it, but you will have a gut feeling that will tell you to stay put. As for now, get out and run errands, see movies, and meet friends for coffee... you need to do those things for yourself. From my experience... I felt a little like a prisoner because I stayed cooped up for so long. Even if Eric gives you a little grief for it, at least he's showing his feisty self (which is a great sign)!

Merry Christmas to you three. May you find peace and happiness this holiday. Make many memories and relish this very special time together.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you guys so much in the last two days...especially last night so I'm glad to hear all you had to say and please know my family is thinking about you. Take care and we love you :)
Jennifer J.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update Hallie. Merry Christmas to you, Eric and Hunter. Jessi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Hallie. Your courage and strength is amazing....It should be an example for all to strive for. We will continue praying for a miracle for Eric and your family. Merry Christmas!

Tim and Shellie Pappas

Lee said...

Hi Hallie, I've read comments from friends, family and people you don't even know. I'm inspired by your courage. Your family have been challenged and so far you've stepped to the plate. Take care and please keep posting. God bless.

Lee Afusia

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to the Botkin Family. May it be a special day full of memories for the whole family. Your updates are so powerful. I know everyone who reads this blog is so thankful you have kept it going. We continue to pray for you all and may Santa be good to you (wink, wink).

Love,
Bryan & Brandy

Unknown said...

Sending tons of LOVE your way.

XO

Patty

Gina said...

Merry Christmas! Thinking of your family today.

The Colby Family

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning Hallie, Eric and Hunter,
Merry Christmas to each of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers today as I know how important this day is to you.
Hold one another tight and enjoy the precious moments.
Love and Hugs to you,
Susan K.

daune abadie said...

Merry Christmas Botkin Family!!! May the memories of today's blessings hold in your hearts forever. My prayers continue for the three of you!!!!
Daune Abadie

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Botkin family! I am so happy you have such a great boy! Thank you for taking the time to keep us all posted. I look forward to hearing from you guys and think of you throughout the day and I am glad to hear you are surviving the holiday. I hope Santa brought Hunter what he wanted. Hugs to you all and have a great rest of the day. I understand what you mean about Christmas. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Hugs to you all! :-) Tell Eric I ate my fair share today :-) I will continue to eat my share and then some :-) Cindy Fojo
God Bless you and remember everyday is a gift!

Unknown said...

Hi Botkin family!!

Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas. I am thinking about you and wanted to send you my warmest wishes for the holiday season.

I love you guys!!
Ruth Ochs

Anonymous said...

God Bless You All