Sunday, December 13, 2009

Family and Friends

Well it has been fun weekend with family and friends. First we celebrated Christmas with Eric's mom and family on Saturday (a usual tradition for us) and had lots of laughs while enjoying each others company. I am so blessed to have an in-law family that I enjoy spending time with. It certainly would make a difficult situation more stressful if we had troubled relations. Anyhow, it was great to share stories and memories of the past and we all had a few laughs. Eric was in good form for the festivities so it made the celebration all the better. Although I guess it really wore him out because he slept most of today which is a downer. He was so tired that he did not eat as well as I would have liked although he did eat the BIG bowl of ice cream which is his favorite part of the day.

As you can see from the picture Eric had a few visitors today. His friends from Fountain Valley High School. Neil from Washington, Mark and Scott from the O.C. (Dan also from Washington could not make it ). Eric was resting his eyes for most of the visit but as they reminisced of the good old days Eric would often sit up and laugh. It is so funny to see these men get together and enjoy each other as if they just got out of high school. Of course since I have been in Eric's life since the good old days I am familiar with the stories and the comedy that this group brings when they are together. It is not often that you have a group of male friends that stay together and continue to be friends some 20 years later. They truly are an awesome group of friends. Unfortunately it was probably the last time they will get together with Eric. For me the hardest part of the visit was the good bye because I felt as if I was saying goodbye to my friends also. Of course I know that these friends will continue to be in mine and Hunter's life later it just brought up emotions that I have not thought about as of yet. Eric's friends are really saying good forever not just until next time. Hope I did not make everyone cry.....but it was something that just needed to be said out loud.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hallie, & Hunter,

We wanted to let you know that we are constantly thinking of you and praying for your family.


With warm regards,
Yvette / Alex Uranza

Anonymous said...

Dear Eric, Hallie and Hunter:

We think about you all of the time! Caitlin always says Ms. Botkin's husband is sick! You are always in our hearts and prayers!

Carrie, Caitlin & Christin

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hallie and Hunter,
You have all been on our minds and the topic of conversation. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

RFD Station 2

Anonymous said...

Hallie, I so appreciate your honestly and transparency here. I love it that you are being prayed for and supported constantly throughout this time...it's obvious that you guys have an amazing group of family and friends with you. God is good to give you that support. I will continue to pray from Washington. Love, love, love to you all,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hallie, You continue to be strong! I am so proud of you. You are going through a difficult process, I am sorry and I am thinking about you. I am so greatful that I was able to see you guys this summer. Thank you for stopping by to see us. I am praying for your continued strength and peace :-) Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Eric,
Our friend, our brother, our memory. We love you!
N-Side 6C

Anonymous said...

Eric,
I just wanted to take the time and say thank you for all the love you have shown Morgan. Her having four uncles, you're by far her favorite. She has spent so much time with you over the years.. it means the world to me how great a brother, and uncle you are to April and Morgan.They mean the world to me, and I couldn't have asked for anyone better..
Sincerely,
Chris Escalera