Thursday, December 3, 2009

Not so Good......

As I sit down to write the blog tonight I am not sure what to say, how do I tell people that the person who fills my life with joy is truly fighting for his life. This is the most difficult thing I have had to do so far and I am sure that in the future more difficult things are to come. We saw the Dr. today and she said the tumor seems to be winning and that the last chemo did not do it's job. At this point there is nothing else she is able to offer him and she felt it was time to call hospice. Eric's health has steadily been declining over the past few weeks. He needs help with everything, he is weaker everyday, he can't see out of his left eye and he is tired and tired of working so hard at living. How difficult it must be for him to have to come to this place. We are going to increase his steroid in hope that it will give him some of his abilities back by taking down the pressure and we are going to continue living our life in the moment.

Thank you for your continued support, prayers and words of encouragement it means the most to us and we could not get thought this without all of you and of course our faith in God and knowing that we are truly in His hand.

Love and God Bless,
Hallie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ERIC,HALLIE & HUNTER,I LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

My heart and prayers go out to you Hallie and your family. May peace be with you, Eric and your son Hunter. XO
Patty

Anonymous said...

Our daily prayers and thoughts are with your family. We join the power in wishing you strength, hope and guidance. We are here to help in any way.
The Sommer's

Anonymous said...

Hallie and Eric,
I wish I had the words to help and make this process easier. I am so sorry! Eric is putting up a good fight, I know it is hard and hard to watch the fight get harder. I love you guys, and I will continue to pray for you all. I know this is a hard thing for you all. Remember, "this is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice in it!" Everyday is a gift. I am so sorry, if you need an ear, I am here. Please call me if you need a someone to listen. I know sometimes with my Mom it was nice to just talk to someone outside of my circle and just be sad for a moment. Hugs to all of you :-) Cindy

Kirk & Tracie said...

Sending you lots and lots of hugs and love ... Gizmo too! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hallie and Hunter, Thank you for standing by my friend Eric. Eric you are such a fighter. It is an honor to call you my friend. Your strength and your faith inspires me and many of us here in the fire service. I can only send this message in hope to encourage you to keep fighting as we all pray and pray some more for our miracle. God Bless you and your family. Billy D

Anonymous said...

Hallie:

We wish we had the words to help comfort all of you at this difficult time. We continue to pray for Eric every day. May God give you strength and peace during this very difficult time.


Terry & Liz Miller

Anonymous said...

Dearest Hallie, Eric and Hunter,
You continue to be in my prayers each day. May you feel the love of Angels and Friends surrounding you.
Susan Klee

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hallie and Hunter!Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time. Chrissy

Cindy Salazar said...

Hallie, I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through right now. I do know that you have made some amazing memories and you have a wonderful support group of family and friends. May God give you strength and peace daily as you work through all of this.
Jeremiah 29:11
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you yesterday, and thought that I would do anything to help you--except change places with you. And then I thought, NO, I would willingly change places with you. You and Hunter's happiness mean that much to me. Words can't express my feelings, but may God's comforting arms surround you all. May Eric experience the peace of God through every breath he takes.
Love you more than you know,
LCS