Monday, December 3, 2007

Seven Super Days

Well here it is, Monday! One full week following the second surgery. I'm totally excited to tell everyone that I feel pretty good. I seem to feel better than this same point after the first surgery. I do have more staples in my head so I know that is cool. My pain seem to be less than the first time as well as my body seems to be growing back pretty quickly. It is hard to continue to be giving thanks and emotion to the City of Hope but I just feel better overall. Kind of incredible! I'm meeting my new Radiation doctor this week and I get the staples out on Monday of next week. Pretty exciting that all the parts seem to be like a set of fantastic gears all working together and wasting no time, space or energy. It is also a bit easier as Hallie and Hunter got to have the start of a regular week rather than sitting at the operation hoping that I was going to be ok. I know it is very hard for them as well. It is equally hard for two people who have been together for 22 years to realize that God has created a new plan with no dates or potential outcomes. But we both know that I have been given this by God for some reason and I can only be successful and do everything that I can, hopefully to complete his plan before I get called home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrat's you are one week and a day through the surgery! Every day is a gift including today. You guys are so strong and lucky to have eachother. I am thinking about you guys and praying for a speedy recovery for your family. Again, it is so nice to get the updates. You are doing an awsome job, keep up the good work :-) Cindy and Carlos Fojo

Anonymous said...

Botkins--
Thanks for the updates. I have been praying and trying to get in touch with my friend who knows a fabulous healer.
Eric--I didn't know that surgery turned a beard grey--but it looks good.
I am here anytime you need anything. Sorry I haven't been by, but think of you all so very often.
Love and hugs to you all--Luanne

Tony Braun said...

Eric,

Dat mi cabul tbee. I am extremely saddened to hear that my colleague is strugling for his life on this planet but encouraged that you've placed your trust in our Creator. It is my hope that His will is to fully heal you and that you'll share His Good News through this miraculous healing. I would like to come by and go to breakfast, lunch or what ever but realize you've probably got alot of dates to meet. Let me know if we can arrange something. Hey it just dawned on me there is another bummer about this. You got those scars and you didn't play a lick of hockey. Dat sucks.

Let me know when I can have my cable tv back and call you

Love ETB

Aka Captain Caffeine

Tony Braun

Anonymous said...

Eric,
You hang in there. I am happy to hear you are feeling better. I am sorry I could not see you at the party buy the pictures say's you were having a great time. It was nice to see you out and about. Take care and call if you need anything
J.Peurifoy

Anonymous said...

Brother Eric, I am encouraged by you strength and positive attitude. I was shocked by the news of your illness and had asked Tim to communicate my concern and offer of help in anyway.

It is early in the morning Eric and I am struggling with alot of emotions as Betty was diagnosed day before yesterday with brain cancer. Her cancer started with breast cancer. This illness that hurts friend and family really tests my faith and I continue to struggle. However both you and Betty are strong in your faith which gives me hope.

My offer to help you or your family remains Eric and when you feel better, please call.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Eric, I am glad to hear that your 2nd surgery was a success and that you are now "out and about". I missed you @ the Christmas Party, but someone's got to work so C shift can PARTY LIKE ROCKSTARS!
I was completely overwhelmed by your statement that "I have been given this by God for some reason". You are an unbelievable encouragement to me as I struggle with my little problems that seem so incredibly important, but are actually quite petty and selfish. I truly believe that God is working on a miracle through your situation. I guess one small miracle that has already occurred is that here we are talking or e-mailing about God and his plan and purpose for our lives. I don't understand why it takes something like this to talk about God.
We are praying for you and your family. Let me know if you need anything or just want to chit chat!

Bret B.