Tuesday, December 11, 2007

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


Yesterday was Monday the greatest day to give back all the staples to the facility. Although over the last two weeks there were a few changes. My body had the privilege of healing so much faster that some of the skin from my head started to grow over the stitches. While most people wouldn't think that this is an issue, if the skin grows over the stitches, well that is a problem. The staff is again wonderful and took just a short 45 minutes to get my beautiful head cleaned up. All I can say is there were several "OH CRAP" moments when it hurt alot. After all was done the staff wanted to again make sure that everything was correct so they used this bondo stuff (fill in super glue) and had the ability to warn me that there would be a slight sting. Slight? OH Boy! For all the medical people this was a significant sympathetic moment. My body sweating and having very little fun, but the best part is that all the pieces and parts have been removed. Those there did a great job to apply little pressure and do the best job to remove those parts that still had a challenge. I know they did wonderfully. Now part one is totally complete and we are getting ready to start parts two and three. I'm going Wed to get the cat scan and the MRI completed to lay the foundation to start the radiation. I'm very excited to get all this completed so that we can get back to living our daily dreams with our families. I know that you have all looked at the picture to see such a wonderful moment. I know this type of pain reminds you of many probation testing moments. I'll keep you all informed as I get more specific dates and times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray for you every night, Eric. Bill keeps me informed of you progress as Nancy relates it to him. With all my heart I hope you get through this!
Our thought and prayers are with you and your family.
Bill and Barbara Hall

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update--just wondering--does the skull grow back together or does it have a metal plate--always knew you were a hard headed guy--
Love to you all
Luanne

Anonymous said...

I think that I would take the staples over the probation. Only because it is less time. I am glad to see you in such good sprits. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hey remember the old phrase in medic school about starting IVs "ok, you are going to feel a little stick". I guess it is payback. Anyway, I am glad to see you still can find humor. As you said Oh Crap, I can actually hear you saying that. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily as well as your family.

God, We lift Eric up to you. We ask for your hand as he goes thru the next phase of his healing. Lord, we just ask you to be with him and his family. Please give the doctors the ability to help Eric and give him strengh as he gets his treatment. Lord fill his family with comfort that You are with them during this time. Sometime we dont understand why things like that happen but we know you have a plan for Eric and are using him each day on this journey. We trust you will take care of him. We ask all of this is Jesus name Amen.

Again, if you need anything just ask.
The Peurifoy's

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with you and yours. What--(now I will start complaining) no update!!! How am I supposed to continue my day without knowing that you continue to recuperate and all goes well? I only see Hallie in passing--she makes a great Cashew Chicken on Fridays. Now, if you can figure all of this out, you are well on your way to recovery.