Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Getting Ready for the Fight

I first want to take a moment and say thanks to everyone. Those times where I start to wonder or have moments that lack that strength and leadership I am able to draw from all those that have said the perfect thing to get my motor restarted. So with that super thanks to everyone, Wednesday starts the whole next process. Before I get started though I asked to speak to the doctor so that he can give my healing area a final look and confirm with me that it is ready to take on the next phase. I'm sure that this will be fine, but I just need to hear him tell me that the site is ready for part B. This whole next part is really strange. Not knowing what to expect while I'm secured with my face in the mask on the table is a current unexplainable experience. Now I'll have lots of experience on Wednesday night, but the inner battle of the butterflies in my stomach and the knowledge in my head about the need and possible help of the process is difficult. As you all know those butterflies are annoying and just put a hint of question against the strength of the knowledge base. I am however looking forward to getting this started so I can continue all the healing that is possible, hopefully killing or pausing all those bad cancer cells. Thanks again to everyone who has offered me help, motivation and prayers. Those wonderful things are full of strength and I appreciate all of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, I have you in my prayers daily. For you, Hallie and Hunter, may the Lord give you the strength you will need during this next phase. You will be challenged more and more, but remember Jesus and his Father in Heaven will be watching over you and the skilled hands of the Doctors as they work to heal your head.

Love & HUGS,
Lyn

Anonymous said...

The Botkins,
We are all thinking about you daily and know things will go without a hitch. Stay strong as you always have and give us a call if anything is needed!!

The Crandalls

Anonymous said...

While I was undergoing radiation I did a lot of visualization of all those rays seeking and destroying the enemy. While I can't identify with the terror of your situation, I can identify with the feeling that when you are on that table, you are truely alone--at least no one else is in there, but during those times, I knew that God was with me every step of the way. Review the "Footprints" poem--when there are only one set of footsteps on the beach, that is because God is carrying us. Maybe Hallie should get you a Nintendo DS with lots of star wars games so you can see those death rays attacking and obliterating those nasty cancer cells.
Love to you all. Thanks for keeping us current--I don't know what I would do without my daily fix from your blog.
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Fight on Brother, Fight on !!!!

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you through this process, the only thing I can think of is to pray or for lack of better words meditate. Think on the beach or take some music if you can. It will not completely block everything, but maybe it can help. You are being so strong and positive, just keep up the good work. Or think of all the jokes you can. We are thinking about you and just keep the hope alive :-) Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Eric:

You are a man of strength and courage. You are in my prayers everyday. Keep your head up and stay positive for this fight. We are all in your corner giving you encouragement. I know Hallie and Hunter are right there with you every day. You are the MAN!!!

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hallie, "Little buddy"..We too are digging deep with thought and prayer for you all. You're a tough dude Eric, but let us know if and how we can help!!!
Greg, Evelyn and girls........