Wednesday, December 19, 2007

One Treatment Down!

Yea, one treatment down, thirty two more to go. I am very excited to tell you all that the first treatment is complete. While I realize that lots of things can happen in the future, it is at this point that I am happy to tell everyone that I have no pain, discomfort or fear of future issues. I had a great meeting with my doctor this morning before I got secured onto the table. He was able to look at my healing site and let me know that I was ready for the beginning of the treatment. This was very important for me. I just needed to feel comfortable that someone who had significantly more experience that my head was healing properly and was safe and ready for the next set of treatments. The technicians were very good to give me lots of information before securing me to the table. They let me know that the machine will give me an initial Cat scan. This will then be compared with the previous scan to ensure that everything was still in the same positions. This comparison would be checked by the physician and once that was complete the radiation would begin. The radiation to my needed site would last three and a half minutes. The doctor told me that this special machine will be able to give the radiation into the areas where the cyst and tumor were touching brain matter about three centimeters past their previous location. This depth will help to work on any "fingers" that might have been growing or left behind. I thought that was very exciting. I want to get all those leftovers overcooked and stopped. The ride home was fantastic. I took a nap while we were driving home which the doctor said not to worry, that can occur. I sit here at that point and say sheesh, such a long ride for 30 minutes of treatment, but then I also say that the City of Hope is where the A treatment is so that is where I'm going.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are putting up a good fight! Keep strong! We are thinking of you and have the best Christmas you can have :-) Cindy

Anonymous said...

Eric and Hallie, we are all thinking about you, and we'd like to come see you, if it's not too taxing on you. We're much closer to you now in Mission Viejo than we were in Lakewood--but distance doesn't matter in this case. I'll call you soon.

Love,
Leilani

Anonymous said...

Good prognosis...Great attitude!
Keep it up buddy.......
Greg and Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Wow! I get so excited reading all of the updates! You truly have a great team at the City of Hope! It really sounds like you are receiving great care! Keep up the good work!
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

HI eRIC,

Not sure if you remember me but my mom is Jeanette Johnson your Godmother. Your mom which is my Godmother called us today and told us about what is going on in your life. My prayers are with you.We would love to talk to you. Please give us a call or email me at ladonna.lopez@dhl.com. It has been a long time and we would love to hear from you.