Friday, December 7, 2007

The Doctor Team is Complete

Well another great meeting occurred at The City of Hope. I got to see my current Oncologist and meet my new Radiation doctor. What a great afternoon spent at this place where Hope can grow and expand. I met my doctors with my wife and my mother-in-law. Some would be concerned but this system is always great as people other than myself are sometimes able to ask some great questions that might be too far out there for me to even have thought of or to have considered. Also this is a great way for multiple people to hear the info and get opinions about the new individuals who are laying out the plan to "cure" or at least try to delay. My radiation is going to come from something called the Helical TomoTherapy. This system is unbelievable. Google this and see that the few places in the US that have this technology are very excited to have the best machine. I'm very excited to continue the "A" system that has been given to me from my City of Hope Doctor team. With the addition of the radiologist I feel that I have the best team of doctors one could have. I worked to get some dates for next week to get all the preparation work finished. The team will take a CT scan and another MRI to create the exact points that are needed for the radiation. I am excited that it is all coming together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you have found a great team. It sounds so good to hear that you are so fond of the City of Hope. I was wondering if you had to apply to get in? It sounds like you have had such great care from there. I was wondering about it. Have a great day and good luck and remember that every day is a gift and a NEW day :-) Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

I guess the hospital can really live up to its name. All the info sounds great,and I am so inspired that you sound so optimistic ready to DEFEAT this thing. I am getting some information on a healer--with everyone working together, who can be against you
Romans 8:31--For if God is for us, who can be against us?
Luanne
Jeremiah 29:11

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric/Hallie....If you are encouraged, we are encouraged! It's great to see you in good spirits and comfortable with the people guiding you. If there's anything we can do, we're right across the street. See ya buddy!
Greg-Evelyn-Marissa & Michelle.

Anonymous said...

Eric, I have just read your BLOG for the first time. Wow, it is so informitive. The progress and great feelings from the City of Hope are awesome. I glad that you are feeling well and had a great christmas. I hope the new year is great to you and your family. We had a greta christmas at the house also. The kids got way to much.... I look forward to your updates. If there is anything I can do give me a call. Bob Abbruzzese