Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hey Everyone! Let me start with a big wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. It is so nice to be home again. I would like to give each and every person at the City of Hope a great feeling by being a series of unbelievable Doctors, Nurses, And Cleaners, but you reach that point when you ready to leave. No more medicine, no more checks to see if you are ok, and well that is when I decide I am ready to go home. We got home on Sunday and were just trying to be normal. Just trying to be relaxed and working to get my head back on track. It seems like a lot, but it is just trying to be normal. I'm sure it will take me a while to get back into doing stuff, but I have to tell you I am very happy to be home. I am going to the doctors on Monday to have the sutures removed and then am waiting until March 13 to start my new medicine. Instead of pills, I have been shifted to IV Chemo. So I will enjoy 3 - 4 hours as the medicines work to start in me. Hey and as the last thought, I am on the web site called http://www.amw.com/. I have to tell you that this was really funny as the girl called me on Monday and wanted to ask me about joining the competition. I told her that I didn't know anything but sure. She told me that 65 people had tried to get me on board to see if I might win. Well lots of paper is completed and I am now there. To make this easy, if you want to vote for me, you can go to http://www.amw.com/allstar/2009/ place my name Botkin into the search area and will be able to vote for me. I don't really feel that I am so great but I want to give all those the opportunity to vote for me that wants too. While winning would be sure unbelievable, I just wanted to share it with you. And lastly I wanted to thank all the people who sent me cards. It is almost overwhelming to get everyones signature so thank you very much. It was really nice to take several moments and be able to read what everyone wrote to me. Thanks again to my RFD friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home. We are thinking about you often.
The Vasquez family

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and for your unending faith and sense of humor. You ARE a hero to so many.
Love,
Luanne

Anonymous said...

AMW. hahahaha awesome

Anonymous said...

Elyce wants to send you a big "I love you" to you! She says she hopes you get lots of flowers too!

Elyce Barrales (Mrs. Botkins Student)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you made it home. Great picture of you and your son. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

etb

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! I am glad you are home :-) I will continue to pray for you all! I know you need strength to get back to normal. I wish I could be there to take you to chemo. I think it is nice to have someone to chat with for that time. Have a great Saturday! Have a speedy recovery, we need to have another food contest! :-) Cindy

Anonymous said...

We voted for you and will keep voting every day! We are praying for you and your family, and rejoicing with you that you are home! Hugs and blessings, from the Giovannetti family. Gary, Kathy, Tony and Vinny