Saturday, August 1, 2009

Whole Bunch of Stuff


Hey Everyone! What a great time last week. As of Thursday, Hunter is now a solid 10 years old. Pretty amazing to sit back and make our first change into double digits. Hunter had a great little week. First, I just want to thank all the incredible people who made it possible and helped us make this an awesome birthday a reality for our little guy. I would really like to have done it all on my own, but we all know that is not going to happen, so thank you again. We (and our niece Morgan) got to see the Padres baseball park, watch an Angel game, spend the night at Hilton, go to California Adventure (right next to Disneyland), and finish the surprises with a great night at the ESPN Zone a place for food and amazing games. Sheesh, that was so much stuff. I know that it was very cool to see his face get surprised as he didn't know any of these awesome events were to be one after another. Well one last day with 8 boys spending the night (yikes) and I will be able to return to being normal human being. Hopefully it all goes great.

Ok, now for the other side. As you all know I have been retired since November 2008, which kind of stinks as I saw some guys last week and I hated not still being able to work and have fun with them. Anyway, I have been able to receive 70% of my retirement funds which is better than nothing but not enough to pay all my bills. I tried to solve this issue with some things, used all our savings, tried to work but that is impossible, and it wouldn't be right to stand on the street looking for money. So what now. This issue has caused me a great amount to stress and concern. So much so that I was having issues with my words, not sleeping and other health related concerns. I know that men are broken into two different styles, those that want to take care of everything and those that want the care of nothing. Well I am unfortunately part of the group that wants to care for everything, even though Hallie would like me to take care of nothing. My want to help everyone and control our family issues finally hit the impossible. What to do financially when there seems to be no way to overcome the challenge. I had reached this point that caused Hallie to start to panic about me and what was wrong with me and my health. I was unable to think of a solution. I wanted to find the answer to our issues, but was trapped not being able to decide or find an answer. Hallie pulled me aside and reminded me that if I just let the stress go God will provide me an answer. Well it came through. An idea came to me one night. Back in 2005 I purchases a ton of books that I really loved and continue to feel very strong about, The ABC's of Making Money 4 Teens. A great book for the teens to have some awesome ideas about controlling money that is not usually given or shared with those teen kids. So I created a web site called http://www.helpericbotkin.com/ and I would really love it if you would check it out. It has my story and all the info about the books. I just want people to see the opportunity. Thanks for your help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,
My name is Charlie Glasgow a retired firefighter after 33 years. I now serve as the Missions Pastor at Calvary Chapel Bible Fellowship in Temecula. Sally our Pastor's wife mentioned you and that we are praying for you. Do you have a Church where you fellowship, you are in Temecula right? It is so important to be in a place where the love of Jesus flows and the Word of God is being taught. The Bible has the answer and encouragement for every situation. I would love to meet you and pray with you and your family. God Bless you Eric Keep your eyes on Jesus!
Charlie