Friday, July 24, 2009

MRI Update......

Hey Everyone! Well today was my special meetings with my Doctors at the City of Hope. Based on some issues that I had been having, my MRI got moved from the seventh of August to today. First, it is simply awesome that you are able to get an MRI and then a few minutes later the whole set of pictures are available to see at any computer, anywhere at the City of Hope. Fantastic. Anyway I got mine done today and the little white spot in my head has gotten bigger over the last 6 weeks. So after almost and hour of talking with my awesome doctor we decided to change gears again. While I am not ready to get all excited about surgery, since number 6 is a little tough to make everything still be correct, we are going to try another different plan. I am off the chemo as it was not stopping my growth and will start taking a chemo pill that I will take one every six weeks. Pretty interesting to start now on a pill that is taken once every 6 weeks as the new thing that will hopefully stop the growth in my head. Interesting. I just wanted to let you all know about my fun Friday. Don't get me wrong, I am still extremely excited to still be here on earth with my family and friends, but sometimes it is a little harder to know how long this joy will be able to continue. While I know that I will be very excited to be in the amazingness of God, I know that it will be a tremendous unhappy time for those that are left here without me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well yesterday is just a another hurdle or curb to get over. You guys are doing so good at getting over them and you will continue to do great. I know that God will be with you and everyone you love when the time comes! You are strong and doing great! Keep up the positive hard work! I am sending you hugs and strength to digest this new information. Keep your chin up! :-) Cindy

Anonymous said...

Eric,
It's been way too long. I pray that everything works out well. Keep your chin up, you have had a strong impact on many lives and I know you will continue to lead by your examples of positivity.
Kris Pouvara...

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration to my daughters and I; you have taught them how important it is to live in the moment and how precious life is! You are showing them that no matter what kind of challenges you have in life you have to accept them and learn how to effectively cope with them. Our thoughts are prayers are with you and your family. It was such a pleasure to spend time with you and Hallie last year at the OVHS 20 year reunion. I have so many found memories of all of us throughout mine and Hallie's high school days; I just can't believe how fast the time goes by!
Take care,
Chrissy Nigrelli

Anonymous said...

Eric,
Just sitting here at FS2 with the guys thinking of you and your famiy. We will continue to keep you in are prayers. Keep the faith!

Rod Nash

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric,
I just wanted to wish you luck on your next treatment option.Remember you have had a profound impact on the lives of many people,both during your career and after your illness.You are providing an example of Faith and Courage which are just off the charts.Keep your chin up.We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

:) Joe @ fire maintenance

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and looking forward to seeing you, Hallie, and "the fifth grader" in just a few more weeks. Keep fighting - it is worth every memory you are giving Hunter! Cathy B.