Saturday, July 18, 2009

Today's Gift

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to say what a great time we had at a baby shower with some good friends of ours. It was nice sharing time and fun with many others and as a whole family, not just a cool place for ladies. Anyway I wanted to give my beautiful wife Hallie some tremendous credit over the last couple of days. When I started on this unique life so many months ago it was very easy to only worry about tomorrow, not worrying about the future. Having a great feeling from everyday thanking God for allowing me to be here another day to share with my family, friends, and neighbors. Well as time goes through your life it is very easy to start to fall back to the old ways where you begin to worry about next week, next month, and next year. I had once again returned to be the man who was continuously trying to stop or solve the problems, forgetting that each day is again a great gift from God. I had lost the ability to thank God each day for another opportunity to spend another day with my family. Well it was great for me to have been reminded by Hallie since I had been focusing on the challenge, not the joy of another moment to be spend with the family. The reason that I have brought up the subject was not only to share with you how amazing my wife is by being able to remind me whats important in our lives, but I also had the ability to share it with with another. While being at the baby's shower, I met a woman who was starting to worry about a specific future challenge. I was very surprised that I was able to share with her the same thing that I had been reminded of just a few days ago. Awesome! God had given me the opportunity to take that thing which had just been reminded to me and allow me to share it with someone else. I hope you have not forgotten that yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift which is why it is called the present. Just in case you have here is your reminder, live today for today and enjoy each moment, nobody really knows the mystery of tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! I get so caught up on tomorrow that sometimes I don't sit back and enjoy today! Everyday is a gift! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, I am so happy when I see a new post :-) Have a great today! Rejoice in today :-) Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric,
as usual you hit the nail right on the head.We all do get wrapped up in future events and past occurances.We should enjoy each day as a gift.I hope you don't mind me saying "I would'nt mind if the Good Lord turned the thermostat down a little .I hope the best for you and your family,today, tomorrow and always.
You Friend Joe Perry

daune abadie said...

Hi Eric,
So you don't know me...I'm a relative to one of your sister's coworkers...anyway, your words are amazing in this post. I actually printed them out as a daily reminder of what to be thankful for and to live each day to it's fullest...so thank you!!!
My family prays for you each day and I thank you for sharing your thoughts...you inspire!!!
Daune

Maureen Weeks said...

Eric, Hallie & Hunter, glad to hear you're having a good summer! Miss you Hallie at work! Just checking in on Eric - good luck with your treatment tomorrow. If you ever need to talk, I'm here, and totally understand! Love all of you, you're always in my prayers.