Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Time for those resolutions!

Hey everyone! Before I talked too much today, I really wanted to take a moment and thank everyone again. It is just unbelievable to me, Eric a regular guy having so many different people help us. I want to thank those that provided dinners for us, gave us some money from the classroom, gave us a boot award for the fire department, helped us watch and be in control of Hunter, drive me to and from the City of Hope to get various things done or checked, people to take me out to lunch, and everyone who placed a wonderful message on the blog. Thank you to everyone. I know that without all of your help my family would have had a few horrible issues to overcome. Thank you again. I was trying to think of what to say today since I am finally almost ready to be a human again without that incredible facial stuff. (On a side note that stuff is horrible, horrible, and definitely horrible! )

I was thinking about how it is sometimes very hard for us to have a seat and prepare to close the 2008 and get ready to open a 2009. It is sometimes hard to take some time and see how close we came to having accomplished all those things we were going to want done as well as what is the chance of getting things done in 2009. Did you finish the year the way you had planned the year? Did you do what you wanted? Are you going to take time to evaluate your year? Are you going to look at 2009 and make a plan for what is important whether the house needs repairs, spending time with family, the all important losing weight and getting healthy or whatever is important to you. Everyone is happy to have 2009 here but with out a plan we will look back at 2009 and think what happened! Know is the time to take a few minutes to sit down write your goals and look to the year ahead, life is always throwing unexpected twist but with a plan those twist may not be to surprising. Then at the end of next year you can look back and say WOW I did just what I wanted to do and you can fill good about the year. It is always easier said than done so take a few minutes and write it down so you can make your 2009 dreams come true.

Have a Happy and safe New Year and I talk to you next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, as I do look back at the things I wanted to accomplish I find I must give you a "well at least I tried". (Like right now I have thins 28 inch small short fry yelling MOM MOM MOM MOM. No! I can't get anything done tonight....Laughing till I cry.I wish you could see him....He is soooooooo cool.(Levi)
I'm hoping that your Journey includes this thought .....You do have so many friends both known and unknown to care for you close and at a distance. Although it's nice and very heart warming....We can get so overwelmed with the all the passion some people share.

So my passion for today is " hold my kids close to my heart and give thanks to Gods for another year full of fun.
As for my new year wish...I am thinking about a little more.

Happy 2009

Anonymous said...

Happy New year to the Botkin Family! First I want to tell you thank you for posting and making it a priority to post how you are doing, and I want to tell you thank you for being an inspiration. You are insightful and inspiring! You are doing a great job and thank you! This is going to be a great year! I think for me I need to remember this year that every day is a gift and to enjoy every minute of every day. Sometimes we get bogged down with details and don't stop and smell the roses. Have a great day and I am always thinking about you guys and praying for great things for you :-) Cindy