Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ah Christmas is Comming

Hey everyone! I hope that everyone is doing well as the first weekend of December is coming to a wonderful end. Also, and more importantly, I hope that everyone has made some starts to get their home ready. It is really funny because in our old world we would wait until around the 15th and go get the tree, let it stay in some water until the weekend would arrive and at that point we would work like crazy to get, and make sure, that everything, inside and outside, was perfect. Whew, life is changed this year. Well I am exited and happy to tell you that everything is done. Let me again say that that EVERYTHING is done. Now I know that since our life has changed a little bit since all those previous Christmas moments, I am happy that it is done to give us some time to enjoy the real glory of Christmas. I know that sometimes we talk about the great presents or the card to be given, but there are so many things we should be excited about. We should be excited that we can sit together as a family long before Christmas Morning, that we can share in each an every moment that God has given us. As I have been sitting here recovering and thinking about all of those previous years and to realize that being busy was so not OK and that by just hurrying through everything because that was all the time that we were going to give to the event was the way of life. So it is important especially during this time of our hurried lives to remember the importance of family and to spend each and every moment possible with the ones we love. I hope everyone is able to enjoy as many moments until Christmas with their family as possible.

Oh, on a side note I am going into the hospital on Tuesday to go through a bunch of big test to see if one clinical oncology study will be an option for me. If it is I will fill in all the details next week. I still have some issues since returning from the hospital. I guess missing 4 days and having a bigger issue has caused my recovery to take a bit longer. I mostly just want to return to normal. Have a great night and hopefully a great week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about rushing through everything. I am trying to take it all in, too! I hope you can get into the study, I will keep my fingers crossed. Have a great day and try to rest and have a speedy recovery :-) Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder. It is easy to forget about the important things in our busy lives. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and we are praying your tests go well. Remember that we love you too.
See you soon,
Bill Schellhous and Family

Anonymous said...

Eric, nicely said! Family and friends are everything and our hurried lives tend to overshadow them. We hope your recovery is quick and the testing goes well. Enjoy the Holidays and our family wishes yours a very Merry Christmas.
Mike Koury and Family

Anonymous said...

Eric,

Happy Holidays to you, Hallie and Hunter. I want you to know your words and Hallie's too, have made a difference in my life in the past year. I have taken more time for the important things like family and friends. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. Your family remain in our thoughts and prayers and our best wishes for you during your tests. Take care.
Sincerely,
Trina Pina and Family

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's a person out there who hasn't had a "perspective check" as a result of your ordeal. We'll keep praying. You keep getting stronger.
Merry New Year! (Trading Places)

The Gooch Family