Saturday, December 27, 2008

Maerry Christmas & Happy New Year

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. We hope you all had a wonderful day and a great New Years day to come. We had a nice Christmas and spent the day with family, Eric was feeling better and this was all the gift we needed. Anyhow about Eric he stopped taking that study drug last Saturday becasue the side effects were sooooo bad. The rash was terrible and it was just not worth all the pain. Today all the white bumps are gone, that have scabed over and are really really itchy. He is feeling much better and looks much better, he just can't stop itching, so maybe a few more day and the itching may stop.

It was a wonderful surprise on Monday when the RFD showed up with a boot tied with a big red bow. The department did a fund raiser and filled the boot for us. it was so nice and it could not have come at a better time. They helped Christmas happen at the Botkin house. We are so thankful and there are no words that can express our thanks. So THANK YOU RDF for making our Christmas a special day for us.

We hope everyone had a great day filled with family and friends and we wish you all a wonderful New Year!

Love and God Bless,
Hallie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great Christmas! I am thinking about you guys, and hope you have a wonderful new year! Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hello. and a Happy New Year to you and all who visit this site. I can still see this little kid(as I look back at my childhood). I spent some really good times with him and his sister. As the years pasted I would look at pictures and and asked why we were not able to see each other anymore. I never really knew why until I finally just asked my mother and she told me the reason. So time went by and the years pasted. I went to college, became a nurse, married at 32,and became a mother twice at 42 and 45 all the while wishing somehow I could share these moments with his mom Aunt Diana. Although times have been good they would have been better if I had people like his family around. It was by the Lords chance that I found out about his condition. As I read through the many blogs it hit me like a ton of bricks on a tuesday afternoon this December day. I was at the station in Lansing when out of nowhere a friend firefighter said "you have to read this blog guys" we can help this guy and his family. I was given the blog and told to handle the logistics, to get things in motion. And As i said I read. And so here I am. I have and will always LOVE YOU, although from afar. I can't wait to talk and blog...God Bless and have a good New Year....I Nurse your heart with love