Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday is the Couch Day.

Hey everyone. I'm sorry it has been so long since I have posted some exciting info to the blog. Sometimes things are just overwhelming and by the end of the day I'm exhausted. It is really funny how the week starts out normally, full of strength and activity and over the course of the week my body gets tired and I run out of energy. I'm glad that the radiation group gives me the weekend to recharge my batteries. It is funny though how many life activities are weekend focused and how hard it is to still complete them when in my mind the perfect weekend is full of wonderful couch time. Ah the couch, my favorite do nothing and rest location. While it is funny it has taken me almost all of my treatment time to get this figured out, it is great to pass this bit of info along to anyone who is getting this same treatment or just anyone who has a long and exhausting week. I'm looking forward to completing the treatment soon and to be given a break from the chemo pills, since they wrote the book on nausea. Having some fantastic time to have all my body parts return to normal or to the point at which they were before this whole thing started. Whew! Anyway thanks to everyone that is still helping, praying or thinking of this whole situation. I know that Hallie, Hunter and I are so thankful to have such a wonderful group of family, friends, and strangers who are helping to make some of these things right. Thanks again and God Bless.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting, I was missing the info :-) I am sure it is hard, you are doing great and need to focus on healing! Have a great week, killing bad cells :-) Cindy

Anonymous said...

Couch days are the best! Of course I'm married to the Energizer Bunny so usually that gives me complete control of the REMOTE! Anyhow, glad you are doing well, hang in there and before you know it those daily trips to Duarte will be behind you. Keep focusing on healing and we'll continue to pray for your complete recovery. Tell the family hello.

Hugs,

Terry & Liz Miller

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, Hallie & Hunter!
Couch time is awesome! We've had over 14 inches of snow and so being snowbound is acutally a gift! Hope you get more couch time! We started a new bible study and and a whole new group of people in "PODUNK" praying for you and asking about you by name.

We think of you often and you are in our prayers.
Dan and LeeAnn
Nine Mile Falls, Wa

Anonymous said...

Hey Botkins...
Couch...popcorn and the remote? So simple, yet so rewarding. You deserve it. Especially this Sunday eh? Hope all is well, and if you need anything, we still live across the street from ya :)
Call or come over...........
The Sommer's

Anonymous said...

So glad to see an update when I finally got time to check in on you--how I remember those radiation days. I don't ever remember being more tired, but not being able to sleep--to just lie there and do nothing; it seemed that just watching television took too much energy. But, after a few more weeks, slowly I started feeling better. Now, I get just as tired, but I don't have an excuse--lots of reasons but not an excuse. Keep your positive visualization going, and imagine all of those nasty cells shrinking and starving to death. And while the chemo may make you so ill that you have memorized every mar on the bathroom floor around the toilet, imagine all those cancerous cells circling the porclein fixture.
Love, kisses, hugs, and prayers--
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Hello Eric, Hallie and Hunter,
Thank you for the update. Keep up the hard work, this too will pass. Bob and I continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Trina and Bob Pina

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great coach potato day.
Luanne