Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Routine Returns

Hooray! The old pre-Chirstmas routine is coming back. Some get school, work for others and a regular radiation routine and schedule are just around the corner. I have had 10 days of the radiation with many misses due to the various holidays and I'm really looking forward to getting on a regular routine of Monday through Friday so I can continue to stop the bad cells that still remaining in the super brain. I have been taking the chemo pill everyday since this whole procedure started on December 19th. I am excited to tell everyone that so far I have no onset of bad stuff. All of the things that the doctors must encounter routinely have not set themselves inside of me. I can only say that I have just a very little redness on the scalp near the healing which is possibly from the radiation procedures. I am looking to the next 23 procedures to complete this healing procedure. I mostly feel badly for all the really sick and ill people that I see who are also attending the City of Hope. Other than my big healing scar I don't act with the same losses as most of the people that I encounter.

Lastly I would like to thank everyone for checking the blog to see how I'm doing. It has been wonderful for me that so many of my friends and extended family are keeping my health and success in their heart. I know that soon the regular schedules get busy but I will still continue to post my story so that all will be able to see what is new whenever it is a quiet moment in their schedule. Thanks again and happy new year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hallie & Hunter:

Was excited to read this evening about your progress and we're so happy you are not having side effects. Your positive attitude is going to continue to speed up your healing process. Terry says not to break the record of your weight loss during probation! :-) We're continuing to pray for you and your family and look forward to hearing more about your recovery.

Hugs,

Terry & Liz Miller

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to read this tonight!! Keep up the positive attitude and remember that Jesus is with you every step of the way. I hope your news from the Dr. today was encouraging. You are a definite tower of strength and you are a great example to all of us who start to murmur about all of our trials--you make me put things in perspective.
You all continue in my prayers--
Luanne

Anonymous said...

No Thank you for taking the time to share. I look forward to updates, you are having such great success, keep up the good work! Thanks to all of your complements about City of Hope, my Mom is going there today! Hopefully she can get some of your awsome outlook there :-) Thank you! Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,
We are all sitting here reading your blog, (Dad, Nikki, David, Adelyn, and me)& no wine yet.
You are an amazing person, and very strong, we all look up to your strength, keep of the fight, we're fighting along with you.
You are a inspiration to me, thank you.
We love you,
Jamie