Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hair Loss & Germs!

I just wanted to apologize to everyone who has checked over the last few days and noticed that I have not put in an update! Sometimes many things happen all at once. On Tuesday I finally noticed that I was losing some hair. It was interesting that I started to lose the part that is under the surgery seam and over the left ear. Well now it is almost totally clean. A little funny that I have a bald triangle on my head and the rest is totally fine. Personally I don't care that the hair is missing as I know that somehow bald men are everywhere. I know that this would be much more overwhelming for a woman to show the bald triangle to everyone. While some would be upset I know that this is a wonderfully small and tiny gift from my treatment. Secondly on Thursday Hallie started to feel some throat discomfort around noon. The day went on and in as few as six hours she was looking and feeling horrible. Suddenly a potential germ manufacturer was living at the house. I have to say that she was so overwhelmed with the potential of giving me her new germs that she called City of Hope to get the answers. While I did not like the new plan I have to say that she has done incredibly well to sleep in a different room for two days as well as work so hard to take some OTC meds and sleep to get better. I know that she is really close to being back to normal. Even though my last white blood cells were in the normal range they were a little smaller than my first test so she was really concerned about the ability I had to stop the new germ collection. A great and fantastic woman, though those of you that know her will know this is not a new statement or a surprise. Anyway things are going well as I am almost at the halfway spot. I have had a fantastic time with my extended family at the RFD continuing to come and get me for the transport to the City of hope. I am also amazed at how crazy traffic has been. Some days we are early and some we are right on time. Incredible. Fortunately if we are early I have found a great place to get a morning burrito. It totally stinks that I can't get one, but I am happy to know that their stomachs will be full for the ride home which will probably put me to sleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

break out the Lysol and bleach!
:-) Hopefully you got rid of the bug. You are doing so great, keep up the good work and you could shave your head and carry around tootsie pops! LOL I am showing my age. Have a good week and remember every day is a new day :-) Cindy

Anonymous said...

You and Hallie are a wonderful team..........keep up the great work. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family. Bald is beautiful, Bob said you can join the club anytime:) Trina and Bob

Anonymous said...

God only made a few perfect heads, and the rest he covered with hair --that's what my father in law said. I makes sense that the area going bald is the area getting the radiation--I have one bald arm pit from radiation--I know, TMI. Thanks for all of the updates--and am I one of the few who got the Kojak remark? I am showing my age--but with age comes wonderful blessings-like knowing you and Hallie. Always in my prayers.
Luanne

Anonymous said...

We live in Northern California and we don't even known each other...but rest in knowing that there are SO many people out there praying for you and your family! God's family is HUGE! AND He IS the great physician! What a blessing you are able to go to City of Hope for your care.
Blessings from your Brother and Sister in Christ in Antioch, Ca

Anonymous said...

Eric,

I just read all your posts and people's comments. I can't imagine what you are going through, but stay strong and positive. I know you just a little, but it's clearly evident at first meeting that you are a good man. You are in my thoughts and prayers bro.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! We'll supply the lollipops - you just keep focusing on your healing. Glad to hear things are going well - looking forward to your next update.

Hugs to you, Hallie & Hunter,

Terry & Elizabeth Miller