Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Finally 2008 is Here!

Well happy New Year to everyone! The year of 2007 which was either tremendous or less than exciting is finally over. A brand new year is just starting to evolve. As we all look to the future this 2008 year is hopefully that fantastic year which is loaded with success, accomplishments and the completion of all those potentially positive events we are hoping to complete. I had some great events in 2007 and some surprisingly bad events so I am ready to put all of that behind me and work hard to keep the positives coming this new year. I wish everyone good luck at all of those important events that may arise this year. Anyway it was great to be here at home with my family last night as we watched the ball come down and Dick Clark on the television. It was amazing to see a guy who was struck with a stroke still sitting in his chair on the most significant evening to complete those things he wanted to be included in. It was one of those things that lets me believe that regardless of the injury you are in total control of your position in life. I hope that everyone had a great day watching the parade or football. As we all get back to the routine known as regular life I wish each of you a great year filled with joy, success, and your family.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Botkin family,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers during this holiday season (I miss my toothless little friend with his ever giving smile). I wish your family peace, happiness, and especially health in 2008.

Someone once told me that "traveling an uncertain road, no matter the direction, requires faith. There is so much unknown about that road, and yet your trust cannot be in what you had known from the past, or what you fear in the future. You travel that road with God who has done nothing but shown his love to us over and over in so many ways". I hope that all of your "travels" in 2008 lead to a health and happiness.
Mrs. B.

Anonymous said...

Am so glad to see that you continue that positive attitude--it adds much to your recovery. I am leaving the extreme cold (most of the time) to sunny Southern Ca. today. Will miss all of my family and friends here, but as you have found out, time spent with these special people in our lives, is what life is about. I count myself blessed to know you. Be assured that Jesus is walking with you all every step of the way, even when you feel that he has deserted you.
You continue to be in my prayers.
Luanne

Madeline said...

Dear Eric,
Just want to you know that someone from Fountain Valley wishes you and your family the best the New Year can bring. I've known Nancy and Bruce through our prayer group and, though we haven't yet met, it feels like we have after hearing antics about someone's favorite grandchild throughout the years. We have a close family friend who is a paramedic for Glendale Fire. I just love you "guys". My prayers will continue to be with you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Eric, It's so great to hear that you are doing well. I wish more health and healing to you in 2008. Let's hope your doctor doesn't rewire your headset while he is in your brain. You won't look as good wearing a dress on the fire engine!

Happy New Year!, the Saints

Anonymous said...

This is going to be the best year we make of it! It looks like you are headed in the right direction. Mind over matter, you are going to be well in no time :-)
We are thinking about you guys and thanks for all of the city of Hope talk. Your are doing great. The Fojo's

Anonymous said...

Dear Eric. I'm in eureka CA, I also have GlioBlast, had a tumor removed Feb 08, sounds like we're on the same treatment plan. I finish my round of 30 hits of Radiation next week, with a break from chemo pills. then double dose of chemo for 5 days a month, for 6 months. I also have taste bud problems...can't wait to taste food properly again. Watch for thrush in your mouth, that can make the food taste chemical also.
God bless you for your positive attitude, I know maintaining high spirits is helping me, we're in God's hands and HE has great plans for us !!! I am adding you to my daily prayer list........gail Erickson Eureka, CA.