Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Germs = Bad News!

Well I'm happy to have returned to feeling normal and able to make a blog entry and share some new information. If you all remember from the last one, Hallie had just returned to normal following some bad feelings and germ conservation. Well as Saturday was going I felt a little funny for a while but that seemed to quickly pass. Nothing bad was what I was thinking. Sunday arrived and I found myself at the Pinewood Derby for most of the afternoon. Fortunately for Hunter he was able to finish first among his Bear group and was lucky enough to get third overall from the whole pack. Pretty incredible or amazingly lucky. Anyway while I was there I started to get the chills and found myself shaking. Some also thought that I looked what was called "not the best". I'm fine I thought. Well once we arrived home I had the worst chills and was so hot. So there I was under the bed covers sweating and having the chills. Well Hallie was able to contact the City of Hope who gave her some info and after the OK, Tylenol was consumed. I was feeling much better. It is funny how that very non-overwhelming germ was able to keep me from less than 100% until yesterday. On Monday they did some extensive blood work to make sure that nothing bad was deep or hidden in my veins. Well fortunately all was good or otherwise they would have kept me at their facility until I was all better. A comforting feeling to know that I am well taken care of, but I really feel at home in just one place, my house.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric,

Well take care of yourself and that triangle on your head, I know how you feel with my fivehead!!! Well take care and please call us if you need anything.

The Crandalls

Anonymous said...

Sure am glad that it was nothing more serious. Congratulations to Hunter for his great showing at the derby--I so remember those days.
Take care and you continue to be in our prayers.
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,
Don't know if you remember me but it Ron and Kathie Smith's son Jake. My dad gave me this link so I can check on you! Well haven't seen you in awhile, since boogie boarding the pacific years ago. Those were some fun times even though I still think there were sharks around us! I have your link now so I will keep in contact. Youre in my prayers always.

Jake Smith

Anonymous said...

My email is Jsmithlccpd@aol.com if you want to contact me.

Jake

Anonymous said...

Alex wanted to say congratulations to Hunter on his win. He was really impressed.
Brooke says hope you feel better.
Noah says Hi.
The Delgleize's

Anonymous said...

We are all thinking about you and glad to see you are doing well. We will keep you in out thoughts, let us know if you need anything.

Dan and the whole Station 01 A shift.

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hi brother!!! Haven't had a real conversation with you since you got that car with the gps. Just to catch up, heard the news, OUCH. Left you alone to be with your family. Probably millions of phone calls. Saw you at the Christmas party. You looked great!!! Been peeking at your blog when I can. As always, I was slow responding, to requests to give you a ride to City of Hope. All filled up in such a short time. I'll be praying for you and your family and hope to actually see you again soon or talk to you. God Bless!!!
Nick N.