Monday, September 7, 2009

Crazy week...Again?

www.helpericbotkin.com
Hey Everyone. Sheesh, what an amazing week for the Botkin family. A man goes to the hospital, a boy goes to the emergency room and a woman with shingles, but the most amazing part is that Hallie and I were totally healthy last week. Now even though we were feeling good, we were very busy trying to help all of the family members who were having "issues". Even though we were really placed into some funny and stressful areas, we are happy to say that Hallie's dad is recovered and doing well, Hallie's mom is working hard to drop some germs, and Hunter absolutely does NOT have chicken pox, even though we thought he did. So a wonderfully busy week was to be filled with an equally wonderful, slow, and relaxing Labor Day, or that was what I thought. Well as you with kids all know every two - three years you decide that the toy room for your child needs some changes. The problem begins when your child starts taking on so many NEW toys that you begin to stop finding all that previous room. Well that was today's plan. OH MY GOD. Hunter's room hadn't been cleaned for about 2 years and there is a closet in that room, which over the last 6 years has become the convenient "crap" room. It is always funny how the easy clean up plans are "changed" two or three times before finding the correct solution. I am sure that none of my friends know what it is like to want a project to be started and finish in the same day, but I am happy to say that it looks nice. Aaa, another beautiful day in the cleaning moments. Now I am very confused as I have watched many shows on DIY and they are very quick, work with incredible help, and finish is with a burst of joy. I wish I could say this was the same for me I guess you can't believe everything on T.V. Well again I am very happy that we are done and it looks great. It is always interesting to sit back and look at the way it was all done to find those moments that were awesome and those that should have been done differently. The wife and I worked great together and we were hoping that the boy would pitch in. As it turns out he is just another 10 year old boy....I got all pissy with him for not being helpful and the reality is that he is ten! I know that if I keep on him and try to make him responsible and have pride in what he does and owns, someday he will be the same little boy who knows that his father loves him even if he has high expectations of who he should be and what he should do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys just don't stop. I am glad Hallie's Dad is on the mend, and that Hunter does not have chicken pox, that would suck! I need to do a toy overhaul, too! But that sounds overwhelming, so it will have to wait till I get that burst of energy that you two have :-) Thank you for saying that about Hunter and only being 10. I have such high expectations of my Julia. I just know and see so much good in her, but she just does not apply herself, like I think she should. But you are right she is only 7! I need to remember that! Once again you have given me insight to my day, thank you for your words and continued effort into your post! I look forward to them and enjoy every time I see a new post. Today is a new day and a new day to remember how old our children are and to have expectations equal to their age :-) Thanks, Cindy F

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric. It's been a while and I apologize. You are still at the top of my daily prayer list. I think we are due for lunch next week. Plus I think I have a few candidates for "Making Money." God Bless.

Todd Gooch