Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sickness Is In, Then Out, and Then In?

www.helpericbotkin.com

Hey Everyone! Well what a crazy time here at the Botkin home. After just happening to come off the gentle family sickness, I got the fantastic crud that comes with my six week chemo pills. I had just gotten over a little cold that Hunter was sharing with the family. I started on the chemo pills stuff last Monday. I took the super pills, wasted two days trying to see how I was doing, and I was very good. Then it hit me and boy did I feel bad! 1st the sickness and then the chemo sickness. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Well now I an happy to tell everyone that I feel much better. I'm not officially feeling like a million bucks, but really starting to return to Eric. It is very funny or even bizarre how you take these pills and have challenges, then you take another set of pills and they help you and actually make you feel better. While I don't understand many of these things, all I can really tell you all is that I am very happy to still be here with you. I know that my issues are growing as I am starting to have more challenges with peoples names and many easy words are missing while I'm having a nice chat. Again I must share with you that I am glad that God has still allowed me to be here and share my time with everyone. Thank you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thankful too Eric that you are here and with your familly. You definately have a lot of challenges, however you are such a great role model to everyone for demonstrating how to accept life's challenges head on and continue to be such an inspiration to people.

I hope that you continue to feel better and that your family stays "healthy"

Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,

I'm glad you're still here too. Thanks for the update and letting God use the circumstances in your life to touch so many for His sake.

God Bless,

Todd Gooch

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard, but once again I am here to tell you Thank you for your post and for your continued fight. You are a strong person and a fighter! You are doing great! Keep your chin up, and today is a new day. Have a great one! Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Eric,

Our family is also thankful for your sharing your journey. You are truly an inspiration to us all. We hope you continue to feel better as well as Hallie and Hunter. Take care and God Bless.

The Pina Family

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Eric. You are an inspiring man and your courage to fight this is amazing. WE are thankful you are here and continue to pray for a complete healing. Your family and friends are all here to support you - we are so glad you are still here and know that this is God's answer to our prayers!

Much love,

Terry & Liz Miller

tracie said...

Kirk and I are boycotting October with the entire Botkin family! Counting the days to the fabulous month of November. Miss and love you guys! xoxo

Unknown said...

Eric, Hallie and Hunter,
You are all an incredible family on an incredible journey. I read about you often and just know, I pray for your continued strength and courage in this incredible path that has been given to you all. You are in my thoughts,
Love,
Patty Beagin

dennismassawe said...

Hey Eric,

Thanks for sharing your journey. Your testimonies are uplifting and encouraging to any one reading. They compel someone to consider where they are and be thankful.

God bless you and continue to use you.

Dennis