Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Big Guy


Hey Everyone. Well today is Sunday, a full two and a half days after my amazing chemo adventure. Now I am not here to share all the excitement of those Friday adventures, but just to let you know I did have the a super event of throwing up many times as I sat in the room with my arm still receiving the medicine. Yuck! But the point I wanted to share with you all today is about that little boy who could. You see Hallie had to go to the Prom with her kids with special needs meaning she was leaving at three thrity and the boundless ball of energy was suppsoed to be at my side the whole night. Ykies!!! How is he supposed to stay focused long enough to make sure I was doing ok. I am amazed and very proud to tell you Hunter, nine year old genius, did a great job. I thought, I'll just have to watch out for myself. Well I was very amazed that he did all the things on the instructions that Hallie had wrote for him. He checked on me every hour, made sure I ate, feed the dogs and even made us popcorn! He did all of these things while I was in the bed upstairs and he was in the room down below. And then finally he came up to my bed to go to sleep with me until Hallie returned from the dance. Amazing! It is so amazing that this is the little boy who has a history of moaning and crying that he is not getting to do what he wants to do. But last night he was able to do all that he needed to do to take care of his dad and stay focused on me. He made the night easy and I did not have to worry. I am so proud of that little nine year old genious that for the night he was able to push all of the normal crap he gives us over not getting to do what he wants to be there to assist and help his dad with anything that I needed. It is very unbelievable to see the actions of this young boy matching the goals and actions of his big father. All I want to say is thanks to God for allowing my hardest day ever to be made very easy by the young man who works just like me. Thanks again Hunter.

4 comments:

Mike Seldon said...

Love conquers all, my friend. Obviously, your son loves you more than you can imagine. Bask in it!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome family you have...How great it is for you to see what a wonderful young man you have raised! You should be proud :)
Karen (CHS)

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hallie and Hunter,

You are truly blessed to have one another. Hunter, a job well done:)Eric and Hallie you have raised a wonderful son who will always be there to help take care of you. Our thoughts and prayers remain with your family. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

The Pina Family

Dianne Cox said...

A wise person wrote: The measure of life is not position or wealth or even wisdom, but the few kindred souls who share our dreams and our passages our triumphs and our tears; Whose laughter is our music, Whose faces warm us, Whose hearts comfort and consule us, They are our friends and family and every life is measured by this possession alone.

Hunter is an amazing 9 year old and a joy to be around. I am so happy you have shared a little of your life and family with my family and me.