Sunday, May 17, 2009

I had a thought....


Hey Everyone! I wanted to take time to thank some family friends for allowing us to spend the weekend in Oceanside. As you can see it was a bit colder than inland about 20 degrees but you can also see the boys did not seem to mind one bit. As I was watching the boys playing I started to think here are two boy, who played for several hours and enjoyed every minute (in the freezing cold) even though they are two very different personalities. Here are two boys one who
has an interest in reading and learning about stuff and the other who only has a mind for sports. They go to school together and enjoy each others company although they are totally different from one another. Even though they have different interest and ideas at school once at the beach they played together perfectly for hours. While I was watching them it became apparent that these two boys even though different in many ways are exactly the same. I started to wonder why as adults we are not able to look beyond our own personal interest and seek friendships or interactions with with others who are outside of our core group. We as adults have worked hard to become friends with a core group and then we stop seeking friendship with others because they are not just like us. What if we took the attitudes of a child and looked beyond our adult differences, just because we may not have the exact interests and thoughts does not mean that we may not benefit from each other in many ways. We as people miss out on what others can bring to us because we pass judgement on them for whatever reason. What if God's plan was for all of us to benefit from each other. I know that many of you are thinking what the heck am I talking about and I guess the bottom line is this....Don't miss out on something because you are to close minded to see beyond the differences. Be open to what each person may bring to you and realize that everyone has been put into ours lives for a reason.
So in closing I want to thank God for allowing me to think outside the box! To thank Hunter's friend for being a great kid and friend to him. To the family who put us into the fantastic beach condo for the weekend and to my family because I love them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that many years ago we met such great friends in your family. Even though we are miles away and have not seen each other in years, I enjoy your insight :-) Thank you for your post, I look for them everyday. You are such a great person and even with cancer you are more positive than most. Thank you! Have a great day! Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post...keep thinking outside the box and KEEP sharing!
Karen (CHS)

Jamie said...

Wow! Beautifully written, I can see God working through you.
Love you,
Jamie

Seldon said...

Deep thoughts, brother! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Anon said...

Almost kind of reminds me of OUR pairing back in the day... sitting in that ambulance for hours on end... 819.... We had some good times...

JB

Anonymous said...

It is great to be able to check in on you--I missed several of your messages, and was relieved to know you were pissed off--if only for a while. This week we had the every 15 minutes, and one of the things I tried to stress to the kids and say today what you might not be able to say tomorrow. You nailed it once again--thanks for being you. Continue to battle--
Love
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric...We still think about you and the family often, offering thoughts and prayers your way. Let's keep posted...even though we just live across the street from each other :-).......Take care my friend!..........The Sommer's