Sunday, May 3, 2009

Surprise!!!! Station 25



Hey Everyone. I am happy to say that most of the horrible chemo things are almost gone and I am almost being back to myself. To be myself for the next four days before I step in to gain another chemo on Friday. Yuk!! You are probably all looking at the strange pic and asking yourself what is that group of people? Well I have something that is unique that I want to share with you all. Over the last month I had been struggling with the chemo sessions and the things that happen to my body as a result for example my thinning hair, intestinal issues, nausea, food issues ect. I had been having a tremendous amount of both pain and unease. I know that this sounds strange to hear me, Eric, having so much difficulty and becoming the individual who wants to get on the blog and cry and be pissed off. I wanted to use the blog and tell everyone how I was angry and frustrated about the whole thing. I was spending time thinking about how to share my total anger with all of you and then hoping that I could get back on track and back up to running correctly. But I was having trouble deciding if I was going to complain and be the one bitching and moaning. You see I think I am supposed to be the one who is all dialed in. I know that you all will say it's ok to complain ect. but I want to be the one who has something important to share not complain about the situation I am in. So back to the pic, you see on Saturday night I was the individual who the surprise party was for. It was people who I knew 10..15 years ago from my old paid call fire station in Orange County. Station 25! Here were people who came from many place to see me and celebrate a time in our lives. They wanted to know how I was doing and I just could not complain to them about what was going on. So here God had put me in a situation right when I needed it, to be able to share the positives with everyone and it was then I realized that all the bad stuff was just not important. We had a great time remembering the old times and sharing the new things in our lives. It was so great! So first off I want to thank God for putting me right were I needed to be, I want to thank Tom and Kim for making this event happen, opening up their house and for being such great friends. I want to thank everyone who was there and for all those who traveled near and far thank you! It was great seeing everyone and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I look forward to seeing everyone next year at our 2nd annual Station 25 reunion!

2 comments:

Mark Siegel said...

Eric,

It was awesome to see you and your family. The smile and suprised look on your face when you came through the door was priceless. I can't wait to do this again.

Take care,

Mark

Tim Pappas said...

Eric,

It was great to see you and Hallie again, as well as everyone from 25. It was cool to hear what everyone was doing and how things have changed, yet it was interesting to me that many things have stayed the same.

While at the reunion I was looking around thinking how some of us are so successful and some of us not so much (Eh Um, the dumb cops in the group) and how we all do heroes work, but in my eyes, you are the one I look up to the most for your strength and courage in dealing with what you have been dealt. You are an inspiration to me!

We will continue to pray for you and your family. Take care brother, if you need anything give us a call.

Tim