Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time For That Talk


Well everyone I must tell you that life is pretty funny. I am sure that we all have those moments where you hear something or read something and decide that it is not for you and then it hits, Whack. Happened to anyone else? You see I had written this fantastic blog that talked about how you should spend your time. Should you be working hard or should you be spending time with your family? I had some great sentences and a few awesome jokes there for everyone to read. I had finished it up worked really hard to say invest time in your family so that you don’t miss your children. There it was another great writing by little old Eric. But then something different was shared with me. I ran into someone special. You see we were having an easy conversation about the whole thing and he shared with me his little problem. You see life had thrown him the wrong pitch, he was standing ready for the fast ball, but instead he had gotten the curve. This unknown or unexpected problem had changed the life he was using to focus on his family and was left with a very difficult focus on working to earn a living. I felt so ridicules. I had a great thing that told him not to waste his family time and he told me how he needed to work to help his family get to the next week or month. I always wonder how God can give you a great idea or thought to have for a while and just when you think you have it all God gives you a little more. Funny! So what is the right answer to this whole thing, well it is the same but a little different. While we must still focus life as I said before, I have learned where that focus should be. We should focus on closing your eyes and having a moment with God. What taking a moment to pray? The easy answer to that odd question is Yes. You see He is the bigger answer to all the problems and issues we were talking about. Having trouble with your kids, check with God. Getting in trouble with work and need to make it all come together, ask God for help. Looking for a way to find the answer to your problems, give it to God. I know there are some that will love this conversation and others that will say this is great and forget to stop and have that moment chatting with God, but all I can say is that with God’s help anything is possible.
As for me, well I am just great for now. Tomorrow is another thing. On Thursday I have 2 Dr. appt., blood draw, MRI (oh yeah #22 but whose counting) and Chemo, Yuk! As for me I will just be giving it to God!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, I think we should all have balance in out lives and with God's help anything is possible! A balanced diet, and life is the best. Thanks again, you are always a joy to read. Good luck on your test day. I don't know if you need it, because you have God on your side :-) Have a wonderful day! Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Erik, your comments remind me of the semi-new movie Fireproof. Have you seen it? Great Christian story about a fire captain working too much and neglecting his marriage. Time to sit and think after that movie!!! Great post Erik. Though we don't often comment we are always checking in and praying for you all. Take care and God bless. The Crandall's

Anonymous said...

Dear Erik,
Your faith and positive attitude is a testimony for all of us! Many of us take for granted so much that we have, and we overlook those small windows of opportunity for time with our family. Time that goes by so fast!!! Most of all, we forget to thank God for those blessings in life that we have been given, big and small! You have been faced with an amazing test of faith and endurance. You are a role model for all of us! Thank you for your comments and encouraging words at a time when we should be encouraging you!!! The people I've known who have been faced with such adversity in life - you know, the people who you just seem to think don't deserve what comes their way - well, they tend to be the biggest inspiration in peoples' lives. They are the bright lives that touch us all and teach us about God's faithfulness and strength. You are that person! I will be praying for you and your family! Thank you!!! -Dawna Harter