Thursday, December 2, 2010

Disneyland......another 1st....

Well today Hunter and I went to Disneyland with some friends, another 1st without Eric. It was the 1st time we have gone without Eric, we used to go all the time. Last year in November we went and spent a few days while Eric was still able, he always wanted to stay at the Grand Californian so we made a big deal of our trip. It was his last vacation and ours with him. The memories were great and I am so glad that we had the opportunity to make such great memories. Today's trip was also wonderful spending the day with Hunter and friends but it was hard not to think about all the good times we had spent there as a family. It seems that no matter where we turned I remembered something about us as a family and the fun we always had while there. It was a difficult day but at the same time I was happy to be spending the day with Hunter and watching the joy in his eyes. Another turning point for us, doing things as a family, our new family. As I watched the fireworks I wondered if Eric was watching from above and if they looked the same for him or if there were even more spectacular from Heaven. Funny how my thoughts on the fireworks were so different than before, I guess that happens alot when I do things for the 1st time. I am happy that I was able to get though another 1st and maybe the next trip to Disneyland will be even better and easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of the first are hard. I know for me all of the first were hard. I am so sorry. It gets better and worse, too! Sorry to tell you. But remember everyday is a new day :-) Hugs to you and Hunter. I know this will be a rough holiday for you. Hugs. Cindy Fojo

Unknown said...

God bless your indelible soul.
I'll definitely pray for you.
Meet me Upstairs someday, bro.
Let's gitta BIG-OL-BEER.
Gotta lotta tok about.
cya soon...