Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hockey and the Holiday's

Today I went to my first hockey game without Eric, those you who have known us know that this was something Eric and I loved to do. Before Hunter was born and before we moved we had a mini plan and went to many hockey games. We both loved the game and loved sharing it together. We loved it so much that we decided that Hunter was going to be a hockey player, even his nursery was all hockey. Then Hunter decided that he loved baseball, we moved to Temecula and are lives got busy so hockey was put on the back burner. It was great going to the game, not sad, I remembered all the good times we had and it brought back good memories. It was a first that was not bad at all and I am looking forward to going to more games and enjoying this sport with Hunter, yes he likes it too!

Well that brings me to the holiday part.....As Thanksgiving approaches I wonder how it will be for the next 5 weeks. Everybody is concerned about us, well I am concerned about us too. Hunter seems to be moving though the thought of the season as he always did, making his list, excited to be with family and of course time off from school. I on the other hand wonder how I can listen to Christmas music, shop, decorate the house and honestly deal with the family. I also know that I am approaching the one year mark, another year older and my 1st year without Eric. I know that in the end we will all be fine some times will be difficult and other times will not. Like the rest of the year we will just get though and continue moving forward. I wonder as the years pass will I ever have a different attitude? I hope that I will but for now I will do my best to make sure Hunter is happy and I will try to just get though the season with as much grace as possible. I thank all of you in advance for your support, prayers and love....without it we would be lost.

Love,
Hallie

7 comments:

Soraya said...

Hallie, I'm so glad that I finally got to meet you personally this year. I truly admire your strength and courage.

Anonymous said...

You're such a good mommy, Hallie. I love how you used the word "grace." May the Lord heap many wonderful blessings upon you and Hunter, and give you an extra measure of that grace about which you spoke.
With love always,
LeeAnn

Anonymous said...

Yes, GRACE! That's the perfect word to describe you Hallie...beautiful and graceful through this unimaginable journey you and Hunter are on...I admire you so much, my friend. I hope Thanksgiving ends up being as enjoyable as the Ducks' game!!
Much love to you both!!
Kim

Wendy Diez said...

I understand. I felt the same way last Christmas as the one year anniversary approached. Since Chris was diagnosed during the holidays, it made it even worse. I managed to find some joy last year. This year, I'm actually looking forward to decorating and doing things with the kids. I think time does help even in our unique situations. I'll be thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

Hallie,
What a beautiful entry! I just love the way you write from your heart.

Yes, the holidays suck for those of us who have lost a spouse, and even for those of us who remarried. There is always this presence of our past; the memories, the love, the traditions and the many other little things that made our "used to be holidays" so special. When we face the unknown, such as our 1st holiday without our loved one, we are scared, sad and lost. But more importantly, we are determined. Determined to get through it, to get our children through it and to be able to check the box and say... "hey, I did it". Redefining normal, at this point has become a daily ritual for you and for Hunter. You will keep some old traditions while making some new traditions. All along, there will be this elegant presence in your life, and that presence is none other than your Angel Eric.
As the years go by, these firsts become seconds, thirds and eventually you loose count of how many special days you've made it through. But, you never forget how far you have come.
I pray that you and Hunter find peace this holiday season. Peace in the love only a mother and son can know, peace in the presence of Eric and peace within yourself to know that you are truly a beautiful person. You can do this Hallie! <3

Love,
Stephanie D.

Anonymous said...

Hallie,

As with everything you have handled these past few months, grace seems to describe YOU. I love that you continue to blog and i check it often to see how you and Hunter are doing. Without a doubt you have made Eric proud and will continue to do so with grace. Be proud of all you have accomplished Hallie - you are an amazing woman and I know an inspiration to others.

Much love,

Liz Miller

عبير القحطان said...




شركه كشف تسربات المياه بمكة








شركه عزل فوم بالرياض

شركه عزل فوم بالدمام

شركه عزل اسطح بالدمام

شركه عزل فوم بالقطيف

شركه عزل فوم بالاحساء

شركه عزل فوم بالجبيل