Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Death....Another Funeral

Another tragedy has struck the City of Riverside Fire Department, a firefighter was shot and killed by a crazed person last week. This is a story we all too often see on the T.V. but we usually change the channel and think "Thank God" it wasn't someone we knew and loved. Nick was a great person who we knew and loved, and he will be missed a great deal. Tomorrow we will celebrate his life and mourn his loss, it will be a difficult day for all involved. Tomorrow will also be my first funeral, my first firefighter funeral and the first time I have been back in the church where Eric's service was held. This funeral will have an additional impact on me as I relive my own loss while dealing with the emotion of another young person taken in the prime of their life. So the obvious question is why would this happen, why would God take another person from our lives so early, what does it all mean? No one really has the answer but as I have done many times in the past, I have to put my faith in God, that He knows what's right and this is all part of His plan. As I prepare for tomorrow I will be putting my faith in God and turning to Him that He can get me though this terrible day with grace and the strength not to question why.

God Bless,
Hallie

Rest In Peace
Nick Barrios
July 26, 1969 - October 31, 2010.
A kind, gentle, wonderful father, son, brother & friend loved by so many. Taken long before you should have been and never forgotten.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Hallie.

Stephanie DeSimone said...

Hugs and prayers tonight as you anticipate and tomorrow as you celebrate Nick's life! I'll be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Hallie,
So sorry to hear of this. One of my friends worked with him up here. Praying for your day tomorrow.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hallie,

I often think of you and Hunter and will always include you in my prayers. When I saw you at the service I wondered how many different emotions you must be feeling. I can only imagine your journey. It was good to see you. God Bless you and Hunter, take care.

Trina