Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Eric!


Well today was another first and another new tradition. For the last 24 years I celebrated Eric birthday on April 11th, and today was the first that Eric was not here for his birthday. He would have been 42 years old today. So another new first......and a new tradition...celebrating my birthday on his special day. Since he passed away on my birthday it seems impossible to celebrate my birthday knowing that was the day he died. So I took a suggestion from a friend and decide to celebrate my special day on his special day, it was not the happiest of celebration but a day for our families to get together and celebrate the life of Eric and myself. I opened up the presents and cards from my birthday and we enjoyed ice cream cake. There was no singing, candles or other festive things you would think of coming with a birthday. Growing up my birthday was always a very special day for me, being so close to Christmas my mom always made sure it was special and did not get over looked. I have to say that I enjoyed my new special day and enjoyed the company I kept. I am not sure what the future has in store for me but I know that making my special day on Eric's special day is a tradition that I will look forward to in the future. I also wanted to thank everyone who gave me cards and presents in December, I opened then today. Thank you!

Love,
Hallie

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I absolutely LOVE this! What an awesome suggestion!

Mike Seldon said...

Happy Birthday Hallie. I think this was an excellent idea as well! Been thinking a lot about you, Hunter, and Eric lately. Glad things sound like they're OK there.

Anonymous said...

Dear Hallie,

I too love this idea. Thinking about you, Hunter and Eric. My thoughts and prayers are always with you and Hunter. Take care.

Love,
Trina

Anonymous said...

Hallie,

I too love this idea. I have been thinking about you, Hunter and Eric. My thoughts and prayers are always with you. Take care.

Love,
Trina

Anonymous said...

I think that was a great idea! Happy Birthday to both of you!

Love,

Liz Miller