Sunday, April 25, 2010

All kinds of stuff

Yeah, we gotta start
Looking at the hands of the time we've been given
If this is all we got and we gotta start thinking
If every second counts on a clock that's ticking
Gotta live like we're dying

We only got 86,400 seconds in a day to
Turn it all around or to throw it all away
We gotta tell them that we love them
While we got the chance to say
Gotta live like we're dying

These are the words from a song by Kris Allen, Hunter and I like his music and we really like this song...especially since we have a different perspective on things now. I only share this with you since some time has passed and we again get suck into our daily lives and the little things we think are important turn out to be not so important in the scheme of life. So these lyrics help us to remember to say I love you and make sure that every moment counts....don't put things off and don't get so caught up in the daily little things that you forget the big things in life.

Ok, now on to some other stuff.....The BIG decision was whether I continue working or not. Those of you who know me know that I love my job and I love the students I work with. It is a rewarding job and one that I am excited to do everyday. Don't get me wrong it has it's negatives also but I did it for the kids....my kids... Well now that I am the sole caretaker of Hunter and still dealing with my own mental & physical needs I found it challenging to put my heart and sole into a job and have not a lot left over for Hunter. He has needs as well that have to get meet. So a decision had to be made work or not work. Fortunately the decision was not entirely up to me since politics and philosophy had some hand in helping make the decision. So for now I am not working and have decided to spend the time with Hunter, making sure his needs are meet and on myself. I hope that I can get back to the classroom later but only God knows the doors that will open and close for me in the future.

Thank you for all your prayers and words of encouragement. It is so nice to have such a big support group.

Love,
Hallie

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I am struggling working full-time. Struggling is an understatement. I am going part-time next year, and honestly can not wait until June for this year to end. I think you made the right choice and the good news is that you can always go back.

Anonymous said...

Hallie, you are doing such a great job and Eric is so proud of you! You continue to make great decisions. Hunter is luck to have such a great Mom. I think of you and Eric often and I am glad you are doing good. Ok is all I can do some days, and you are doing great! Have a good day :-)
Cindy Fojo

Mike Seldon said...

No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?

Elbert Hubbard

Your priorities are right on the money, Hallie. Keep it up!