Sunday, April 5, 2009

Many Thanks!!!




Well everyone, happy Sunday (and Palm Sunday) to everyone. I have so many things that I wanted to say, so let me start with the old first. Thank you to everyone who was at my retirement dinner. It was a great thing to be there with so many of my family and fire friends. To have a great moment with four amazing men who were able to retire over the true balances. I really had a great time with you all. Next, a bigger thank you to all the individuals who were able to add funds to the gift for Hallie and myself. It is always so emotional for me and I can not say thank you enough. Finally amazingly and incredible was everyone who took the effort to come to my house and fix the grass in the back yard. It went from a crappy lawn to beautiful sod. We have been watering it, looking at it and it is just fantastic. It was been OK for sooo long and now to see real green grass is very good, besides the dogs can hardly wait to get onto the new grass! They have tried to sneak out a couple of times.


I went to the doctors on Friday and wanted to share with you where I am with everything. We started with a MRI, and just to share with you how amazing it is to get the MRI done and then we are able to look at it 30 minutes later. I have two small pieces of cancer that are there from the last surgery with one being in the empty hole and another at the base of my head. My doctor felt that it had not grown too much although he wants to get started with the chemo asap. So on I will start on Friday through an IV instead of the pills. I will only get one of the chemo's on Friday and on the 24th I should get both chemos. They are waiting on the 2nd one because the would has not healed enough to start one of them. I would love to tell you how I am overwhelmed at this whole thing, but that would be a total lie. I do believe that God has something for me to be, due, or accomplish before I get called to Him, although I know it is much different for my wife who will have to remain here without me. I really wish our situation was switched around but again believe that all we have to do is just accept that which God has for each of us as the thing that belongs in our future. And lastly a hung thanks to the wedding group who got married yesterday. I hope that this couple is able to have all the love that Hallie and I have been able to have for 17 years ( 24 years if you wanted to count all our dating time as well). Thanks everyone.



P.S. Hey everyone this is Hallie. I wanted share with those of you who may not know what my school is doing for us. On April 16th the staff is putting on a faculty follies and an auction. It is incredible the amount of talent that will be performing, the gifts that have donated and the time everyone has put into this event. Eric and I are as he would say overwhelmed! I have tickets( $5.00 each) if anyone is interested or you can get them at the door or from Chaparral doing school hours. If you would like more information you can go to TVUSD's website and look under events. http://www.tvusd.k12.ca.us/. Thank you for all your support! Again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the continued up-date...prayers are still pouring out for your whole family...keep the strength and good attitude-you are a true blessing.
Looking forward to the follies at CHS...I wanted to be a participant, but chickened out! I'm sure it will be a wonderful success!
karen from CHS

Unknown said...

Hello Hallie and Family...I have been keeping up with the updates and hoping you and your family had a great Easter Sunday. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Patty Beagin