Monday, April 13, 2009

Chemo Round 1

Happy late Easter to everyone we hope you had a great day with your friends and family.

1st off Eric had his chemo on Friday and feels terrible, he has been nauseous the whole time and eating has been a big challenge. He finally had a BLT today but other than that, salad is about all he can eat. He is improving with each passing day but he hates not feeling well and continues to want to be his old "normal" self. Well he has off for almost two weeks and his next chemo is on the 24th and this time he will get 2 kinds instead of one. Hopefully we will have figured out a trick to help him feel better. If anybody has any suggestions please let us know!!!

Secondly he wanted to thank all of you that voted for the America's All-Star. He did not win the contest but it was a great opportunity. Thanks again for taking time to vote for him!!

Love & God Bless,
Hallie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn it! I voted everyday! Oh well! Have you told the doctors about his appetite. They put my Mom on the, as I called it, pot pill. It did help, but it also made her dizzy. I think it helped her appetite, but made her dizzy and sluggish. I guess you take the good with the bad. Keep your chins up :-) Have a great day! Cindy F

patrice said...

Hi Cindy and Eric,

I must say that I have been very touched by your blog as you account the struggles of a person trying to survive cancer. Unfortunately I too know first hand what you are going though - first as an oncology nurse and secondly as a person who has fought this battle twice. My heart goes out to you and your family and I pray for a speedy recovery. Over the last few years since my last (and hopefully final) battle with cancer, I have left nursing to follow my dreams of becoming a photographer. I would love to provide my service to your family at no cost. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
Think of you often.
Luvs
Dan and LeeAnn
Podunk!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
We miss you.

Good luck today Eric. Stay strong. We are all here for you. Zoe and I are thinking about you, sending positive thoughts and our love.

Hunter we really miss your happy face and gross sense of humor. Zoe talks about you all the time. We hope we can see you soon.

I miss you Hal. You are staying so strong. You are amazing.

All our love and anything you need,
Evangeline and Zoe

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric - You're awesome. What an inspiration you are to all of us. Keep on truckin', buddy! - Rob