Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just When You Thought It Was Going To Be Easy


Hey everyone. Just like I said, when you thought it was going to be so easy, SHIFT. Anyway before I chat I just wanted to tell Heather, a family friend, that if there is anything that I can do to help your needs please just let me know. I'm not sure that I can actually do anything, but sometimes even just chatting is a great way to help. Now the story, amazing. I had my stitches all pulled on Monday and was so excited, giving me a few days to get everything ready to start my new chemo stuff on Friday. Well Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday all allowed me the opportunity to see that my head, now without the stitches, was having liquid fall from a hole. So I called the City of Hope and after several phone calls it was "come in right now." AWWWWWWWW. So off we went to have the doctors see why I was getting liquid out of my head. Well I think it as about the particular area had two stitches, not just one and had not properly joined, but it was a little difficult as I had this paper protecting my head waiting to be fixed. It was a little hard to tell you specifically as they started working, then left and used the phone, returned, and then left again for the phone. They seemed to make a mention that they just wanted to make sure that there would be no issues as we were going to start the chemo stuff. So ready to leave after I had been all re-sealed and then the next one was given to me, you need a PICC so that you can have some medicine for the next 5 days. A what? PICC? What the heck is that? Well now I know, I have a IV that will allow everything to be given to me. Sheesh. The quick info is that we are going to wait a little longer to make sure that my head has fixed itself before trying to teach me the new IV chemo stuff. Lastly just in case you forget the place to go to if you want to vote for me. I don't know how again it works, but I just wanted to give anyone who wants to vote daily for me an easy opportunity. http://www.amw.com/allstar/2009/ Thanks again. Also I just wanted you to see my amazing niece Morgan who is helping me take some more of this anti-stuff. Just a couple of more days to go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, Hallie and Hunter,

Thank you again for the update, we appreciate being able to hear your news and keep in touch. By the picture it looks like you are in good hands:) Keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers. Take care.

The Pina Family

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update...love the smiles in the picture :)
Your family continue in my thoughts and prayes.
Karen-CHS