Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thanks to Everyone!!

Well today I have not had to go get any radiation to my head for almost 21 days. Whew! It is amazing to me that the last three weeks have very slowly allowed some of my regular human functions to return, as some of the important things had been on vacation since December 19th. I wanted to first say thank you to everyone who was helping me over these last months. Your attitude, your help and especially your prayers have been a beacon in the midst of a very foggy and unknown future. It is really amazing how this event has changed the thinking of life. I went for a brief walk this morning and it was unbelievable to me as I was looking all around. To see my life as the thing that God has still allowed to exist is pretty incredible. Being aware that I am the individual who is involved with events so that I can be the person to give and help create memories for others is wild. The job, your daily lives and the pressure from all the time filled events are somehow able to make us all forget this little thing. That little thing is God has wanted us to enjoy every moment we are still here, and be able to share our lives with our family and be thankful that we are here another day. While all those other things that fill up our daily lives are important I just wanted to remind everyone to push back the things that take up time and make room for the real priorities in our lives.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on Eric! God is an awesome God and thanks for reminding me about the things that really matter. Its easy to get wrapped up in all the hustle and bustle, but sometimes it takes a special person to remind us about the meaning of LIVING! Keep up the great attitutde and continue with your healing in your upbeat, positive way. You continue to be in my prayers, my "prayer buddies" at work and my church family.

Hugs,
Terry & Liz Miller

sschlom said...

Eric,
You are an amazing person! I am touched moved and inspired by your words. You are always in our thoughts and prayers!

The Schlom Family

Anonymous said...

I got to have lunch with Eric and Hallie last week. To all of you who haven't been able to see Eric for yourself, you will be very pleased to know he looks like the "old" Eric--except for the grey gotee and horseshoe shaped bald spot on his head. I was so relieved to see him for myself. If I hadn't known all that he had been through, I never would have guessed. It was such an answer to prayers to see him laugh and joke around, and then be serious when he spoke about the next steps.
Eric--you are such an inspiration to me. You have made me appreciate all that I have more than before. I have been blessed to be able to call you my friend.
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Eric, I found your blog by accident while trying to find Dr. Spicer's number on the net. I was also a patient of his. He is a fantastic doctor. You probably have responded to one of the many, many calls to my house when I had a grand mal and couldn't breath while you were working. I hop that things go well for you. Most of my tumor has been removed, just a tiny sliver left and hopefully it won't grow back. We moved to the deep South, to where we had family, after my surgery. Given that I should have died, that doctor and another critical care doctor pulmonologist saved my life. You got a great one, and I hope that things go really well for you.

Anonymous said...

Well said...........and heard by us who need to be reminded. You are in our daily thoughts and prayers. Keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
Trina & Bob Pina

Anonymous said...

Eric,

Glad to hear you are doing well.
Continue to heal and remember those important things in life.

Take care, RN

Anonymous said...

Eric,
you probably don't know me but I am one of the rookies hired last year in March. I just wanted you to know that your words are ones we all agree we need to be reminded of. I also wanted to let you know that my small group at church has been praying for you. May the God of peace continue to give you courage and strength to walk the road ahead and the wisedom to know when to rest in His arms.

Proverbs 15:13
Probationary FF Robin Leafblad