Sunday, March 16, 2008

Round 2!!

Whew! Well I have completed another exciting chemo treatment last Friday. The start of the second treatment wave has ended for the first time and I am happy to say that I have had no new issues. Again Whew! The second part of this treatment is taking double of the previous chemo pills. Double the mg, yes that is correct. I am happy to report that, even though it is five consecutive days for the pills, I am able to bypass most of the bad issues by taking it just before I go to bed. Now it is still wise to have an empty belly, and that is a bit easier to accomplish at night instead of during the busy day. Having completed the second round of chemo, I get a 23 day break until the next round starts. Taking this pill is set for the next six months and will possibly have some changes as the first MRI is around the corner in April or May.

As I continue to treat myself and to work hard in hopes to be here for along time, I have had the opportunity to chat with many different people. The other day I was talking to someone and we were chatting about how sometimes it is very difficult to see the pattern that God is laying out for your life. We endure all these things in our life and try to change this and that. We make the happy face for some and then don the sad face for other challenges that we question. It is just unbelievable as we look back and see that each of these events, regardless of how awesome or horrible are exactly as God had wanted us to experience life and grow as humans. It is sometimes so difficult to sit and think that these things are exactly the role that God wants for us. Regardless of how good or bad each of these things is they are all part of His plan. Now I know that we usually keep forgetting that the plan is already laid out and we are just moving along, but we must always take a moment and enjoy the fact that we are still part of the plan, working to complete something that will lead into something else either for ourselves or for others. I still want you all to know that as much as I wish there was someone else enjoying this part of God's plan, I realize that this is bigger than me and for whatever the reason I am the one who has to go though this and in doing so I am just living God's plan. That being said I am still me and still happy that I am here to spend time with my family, my friends and my supporters. Thanks again to everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know, that you are an inspiration to me! I just can't believe how strong and insightful you are even with Cancer. I just hope to be as strong and faithful on my path through life. I just had that conversation with Carlos. We are to here and must endure whatever, as long as we are together then we should be greatful. Thank you for your words, I look forward to them. Good luck with the increased dose, but you don't need luck! You are doing GREAT! Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, Great perspective on the truth of the matter. Keep the faith, brother! I will continue to pray for you.
Todd Gooch

Anonymous said...

That was very nicely written. You are one strong dude. Keep it up.

Greg

Anonymous said...

WoW Eric
My heart leaps with joy to hear your words...praise God! Sounds like you're hangin' in there. We think of you often and when we do, we pray.
...podunk, wa

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,
Hope you are feeling good. Us "A" shifters here at Station 13 were just thinking about you. Telling each other "Eric" stories and cracking up!!
Hang in there, and as always, if you need anything just ask!
-Tim Heying

Anonymous said...

im glad everything is going good... im glad to here that.. well miss you see you soon

love ya
laura

Anonymous said...

Eric,

Well said. You continue to touch a lot of people by your words and example.....part of HIS plan. Wishing you and your family continued strength with this unknown journey. You and your family are part of my daily prayers. Take care.

Trina Pina

Anonymous said...

Hello Eric, Its good to hear that God is working his hand and love over you and your family. Thank you for letting God work though you. You have helped many though your faith. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

God Bless
Dan Campos

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Eric! May you sense the goodness of the Lord in every area of your life on this special day. I have had the pleasure of working with your Mom.
She is a wonderful person and is very proud of you! The Lord WILL give you strength for each day. My husband and I will pray for you, my friend. Helen D in AZ