Friday, March 12, 2010

Hugs

As many of you know Eric had wonderful hugs, someone told me the other day that when Eric hugged you you knew that it was a pure hug from the heart. Of course I had all different kids of hugs from him so when I was asked if I felt the same way I said "I don't know"......his hugs were great but I was also in love with him. I knew that he gave great hugs because he hugged everybody and he always hugged with passion. You just knew from peoples reactions that it was a great hug......not in a creepy hold on too long uncomfortable way. It was not too hard it was not wimpy, it was a pure hug from the heart. Eric would call these "A" hugs.......this started with our niece Morgan. So you ask what is the point of all this...does it really matter what kind of hugs he gave. Well the answer is of course yes for obvious reasons but really the message I want to get out is to hug. I am sure some of you are huggers by nature and some of you never hug. What if you never gave or received hug? What if something awful happened and you did not get in that last hug? What if someone just needed a hug to help them get though their day? What if that person was you? I am sure it is important to be remembered in many ways after you are no longer here on earth but what a great way for my Eric to be remember......not only as a kind and wonderful man, a good advise giver but as a great hugger. So the next time you give a hug make sure it is an "A" hug. And remember to hug often!

Love and HUGS!!!
Hallie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs are always good - good advice Hallie. Thank you for the "A" hug today! Hope all is well.

Liz Miller

Anonymous said...

A Big Hug back at you and Hunter. I wish I could give hugs to Michelle but she is untouchable. It hurts me alot because I am an "A" hugger. Hugging is a good quality............

love karen schue (maynard)au

Anonymous said...

Eric was indeed an "A" hugger..I remember them fondly. I remember the latter ones always came with a little scratch on the cheek from his goatee...Thanks for the memory Hallie..it makes me smile! *HUGS* back to you Hallie!

Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I have read it takes 10 hugs a day to be healthy. I remember after Monte died that I found a way to sleep where it felt that he was hugging me, but it was only me hugging myself so that I didn't melt away into the well of depression. I also asked Christ to wrap His arms around me and give me comfort and love. It all worked wonders. Even now when I feel alone, that type of hug makes the long nights more bearable.
Love to you both--I haven't kept up with he blog but think and pray for you often--
Love
LCS

Anonymous said...

Again it is me--just catching up and reading A widow's grief. I so remember being at a family reunion and NO ONE mentioned Monte's name--like he had never existed. For all of those who read this--Hallie is right. Eric was a wonderful person and he is never far away--just a wishful thinking away, a memory, a laugh, a wonderful hug, a signal that meant we were being too loud. Eric is with you every day, in every breath, in every memory--you are keeping him in your heart, which is keeping him alive. We all are keeping him alive.
Love to you both--
LCS