Tuesday, November 3, 2009

News...Update...& Continued Prayers!

Well I know that it has been a few weeks since Eric has lasted posted anything and it has been a very difficult few weeks here at the Botkin house. As you have figured out Eric is not writing this but his soul mate and life long partner Hallie. It has been difficult for me to come into the computer room and sit down and get the info that needs to be given. Eric finally told me tonight that he really needed something put on since it has been such a long time. I want to give everyone all the info so I will try and be as descriptive as possible to help answer questions that everyone will certainly have after this posting. So here goes.....

  • Oct 20th-Eric finds out that the tumor is back...not a good sign
  • Oct 21st-I talk to the Dr. and decide it is time for me to stay home(not working) an be with Eric, spending time and maybe a trip or 2 with the family.
  • Oct 22nd-Eric spoke with Neuro-surgeon and he said that surgery was not an option
  • Oct 24th-Eric had a seizure, droopy face can's talk.....last about 1 hour
  • Oct 25th Eric had 3 more seizures...same as Saturdays
  • Oct 26th- Eric woke up and can't talk at all...everything comes out wrong does not get better.
  • Oct 27th- increase medicine so swelling decreases..improved speech
  • Oct 27-30th- no changes in health..except talking more...meet with Dr. on Oct 29th....had new chemo.
  • Oct 31st-Eric woke up and the right side of his face was droopy.....can talk very well, or chew his food.
  • Nov 1st-Less speech, sleeping all day..not himself at all!
  • Nov 2nd- about the same...had to give a little tough love...
  • Nov 3rd (Today)- Woke up took a shower! talking to me more....to his mom a bit more...has trouble talking but is part of the conversation and interested in what is happening.

So as you can see things have changed almost daily. The Dr. tells Eric that she is not giving up but that we are at the end of our choices and there is not much else we can do if this chemo does not work. She has asked him some hard hitting questions and it has been a very emotional week for everyone. I ended up with strep throat and was out for a few days and Hunter by far seems to be doing the best in all of this. I am not sure were this leaves us other than in His hands. Eric's spirit seems to better today and so is his speech, it could have been the chemo that made everything crazy or it could be something else. All I know is that we will continue to hope and pray for a miracle and know that whatever happens it is in God's hands. So I leave you with this......

"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring it's own worries, today's trouble is enough for today."

Matthew 6:34

PS....I want to thank both our mothers for all there help over the last few days....I don't know I would have made it all happen without there support, love and help with the man (AKA Hunter).

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are a little better today Hallie, keep us posted.
BobM

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers your way.

The Leivas Family

Anonymous said...

We are all still praying.
The Lucas Family

Anonymous said...

Always know that we are here for you! Please let us know if there is anything you need anytime!
♥ The Horn Family

droppe said...

Praying for your family. Please let me know if you need anything, I am just around the corner. Please keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Keeping all of you in our prayers. If Hunter wants to hang out, let us know!

The Niffen's

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the posting...I know it must have been very difficult...the three of you are in my daily prayers...God bless your family.
Karen (CHS)

The Seldon Family said...

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
Emily Dickinson

Anonymous said...

lYou and Eric are an inspiration and have set the bar extremely high for the rest of us should we encounter disruptions such as yours to our lives. Prayers continue hourly. Love, your mom at work. (CHS)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we were able to see you and the football game . . . I think and pray for you daily. Will be in touch,
Love Grace

Create With Yvette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hallie, I know how difficult it must have been for you to sit down and write this message to bring us all up to date. You are a fabulous strong wife and mother! Eric and Hunter are blessed to have you.

Dianne

Anonymous said...

Eric & Hallie: Prayer changes things and we will continue to keep praying. Thank you Hallie for keeping us up to date... we will continue to keep looking for updates. All of our love to you, Eric and Hunter.

Terry & Liz Miller

Maureen Weeks said...

All of you are in my prayers!

Maureen "Weeks"

Anonymous said...

Hallie, just to let you know you both are in my prayers and thoughts. I have read Eric's Unknown Journey from the very beginning. I just never knew how to put the right words down. You two are very special to me because I have seen you both grow in love through your late teens and early twenty's. So happy to be your Mom's best friend. I admire the both of you for your strength, support to each other, passion for life, and acceptance of God's will. All of you are in my thoughts and prayer. Love all of you...Karen Schue

Anonymous said...

Botkin Family! You are all so amazing and a true inspiration to many. I have been checking daily for updates......I know how hard this must have been to take time away and post the update for everyone to read. Thank you for keeping everyone in the loop. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hallie although I am not local to you I am only a phone call away....since reading the blog I think often back to all of our adventures back in high school and after. It has been an incredible journey with many many fantastic memories.

We continue to pray for you and your family.
Chrissy Nigrelli

Kelly B said...

Hallie & Eric...
Our thoughts and prayers are with you everyday..
We love you xoxo
Kelly & Jer