Saturday, November 21, 2009

Some much to tell....














































OK OK......I know it has been a week without anything and it can be hard without an idea of what has been going on so here it goes......

1st- Update on Eric's condition-It seems as if the chemo may have slowed things down for a brief time. Eric had been about the same as far as movement, language, pain ect. Although over the last few days there have a few changes that have me a bit concerned, nothing drastic but changed nonetheless. He is having more pain in his right eye and having to take more pain medication, he is also having more difficulty seeing out of that eye. His words are more jumbled and when trying to tell me something it is very difficult for him to communicate. As he stated it sometimes I have words and sometimes I don't...It just sucks! He has been more sleepy and slow all around. I suppose things that I have expected but hoping for a longer delay. Although he still has a sense of humor because when I say something like I don't think things are going that well he says "What?" and gives me the thumbs up with his bad hand. Always the comedian!

2nd-On to the fun stuff...Disneyland! We went to the happiest place on earth and stayed at the Grand Californian (Eric has always wanted to stay there). I had the room decorated and surprised the boys it was wonderful. Eric wanted to see the Christmas lights and to spend time with family and we did just that. It was great for all, Eric's sister April and niece Morgan were there to help out and go on the big rides with Hunter and Eric and I enjoyed the people watching. I think the best time other than the room surprise was watching Fantasmic. Thanks to a Disney cast member we had a view of a life time, she put us in the dream makers sections and it was a dream. Of course I also enjoyed the "snowing" but Eric not so much.
3rd- On Thursday we all went to the City of Hope to work on a memory pillow with the family. Hunter missed another day of school as well as Morgan our niece. They have this really nice program for kids to make something with their sick family member and Morgan, Hunter and Eric made hand print pillow cases. It was a wonderful experience and everyone is so happy to have had the opportunity to make these sentimental pillows. As soon as they are finished I will post a picture of the pillow, they are beautiful. When you look at our family pillow you will notice that Eric, Hunter and my hand print makes a heart. I ask the gal if she had seen that before and she said "no" I guess it just goes to show how much love the 3 of us have and how connected we are.
I leave you with a request for continued prayers of strength and a miracle for miraculous healing. Each day that passes is truly a gift but a miracle would be the best gift of all.
"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 40:31


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hallie and Family,

I love the hand message....just shows how much love your family brings to one another. My prayers are with you all and if you ever need anything, please let me know. pbeagin@gmail.com
Love,
Patty

Anonymous said...

Hello Botkin Family! Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip to Disneyland. That truly is the most magical place on earth. The story you shared about the handprints is amazing! I agree in that you are all so connected and the handprints represent how close you all are to one another. Take care! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Dear Botkins,
After reading this, I, like so many others, can't think of the "right" thing to say. Having had a similar experience with "been there, done that", all I can advise if for anyone reading this, just let the Botkins know they are in your prayers. Somethings no words are necessary, and are a welcome relief because no response is expected. Just to know you have friends around is a blessing. So, Botkins, know that you all are truly blessed.
LCS

Unknown said...

Hey Hallie, Eric and Hunter,

We think of you often. We pray each time we drive by City of Hope. Next time you are there we would love to come see you.

Give us a call - 951.733.6557

Jayme Lenker and the Family

Cindy said...

Now that was quality time! Thanks for blogs and great pics. Continued prayers? You got 'em. Thank you for sharing. Cin.

Anonymous said...

Here's some encouragement from Mrs. Venittelli's 6th period. "Courage sometimes doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I'll try again tomorrow." We are praying for you and we wish you a blessed Christmas season. Lots of Love, Destiny, Annie, Teresa, Kyle, Jason, Alex, Mrs. Portillo, Jesse, Roger, Ivan, Casey, Scott, Derrick, Sheila, James, Brittney, Kelly, Miss Amy, and Mrs. V.