Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Now Way!!!!

Hey Everyone! Life is so funny. I know that some of you may now know it yet, but indeed, life is funny. I had just typed about the best day that I had for quite some time by just sharing with all my brothers an sisters, and now this. Over the last couple of days I had determined that the pain in my eye had moved from a little, to alot, to it never stops. Hoping that it would just go away, I waited a few days to find that my eye always hurt now with pain moving between a 3 to 7, never going away. I called my amazing Dr. and she said come in today and lets see what is going on in that head of yours. Well I have just arrived home with the news that the tumor thing in my head is bigger. Bigger to be a big challenge. I will have to wait to talk to the surgeon doctor to see if it is removable, but some are acting as if this may not be the case. Pretty overwhelming how I got to have a great moment last week offering my thanks to all my brothers and sisters and then thrown to start over in the amazing Eric Botkin issues. Pretty crazy. Well I am sure that I will have more leading us the the new solution, but I just wanted to share. Please don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy to still be here. While I am ready to keep working, I thought this little story was funny as nothing ever seems to go the way you have planned. Please continue to keep me in your prayers as it seems this battle is going to get a bit harder.
God Bless

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there buddy. Call me if you need anything.

Bob

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know im here for you.. I love you......lola

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you and will send prayers your way. City of hope will figure this out, just like they did the other times. Hugs to you and Hallie and Hunter! I am glad you are here and this is just a curb, remember? Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts are with you all as always. You have been a constant in our nightly prayers. We are here to help, anything, let us know.

The Dinverno's

Anonymous said...

Eric, you are in my prayers. I know you're strong...never stop believing!

Maureen (Weeks)

Anonymous said...

Eric, you continue to be inspirational for us! Keep fighting the fight. You are in our thoughts and in our prayers. I truly believe that your journey has just taken a little detour and nothing more; the City of Hope is a wonderful amazing place and you are in good hands. Take care,
Chrissy Nigrelli

Anonymous said...

You continue to inspire us. You, Hallie and Hunter are in our thoughts and prayers. We are here if you need anything. This is just a little bump in the road. You have amazing doctors who will figure this out. Hang in there....
Troy and Heather

Anonymous said...

I love you Eric!
Ally

Anonymous said...

Hang in there and PULEAZ let us know if you need anything! You're all in our prayers.

The Niffen's

The Seldons said...

We think of you and Hallie often and wish we lived closer to be able to hang out with you guys like we did in the "good old days". Stay tough!

Anonymous said...

Aloha Eric, Hallie and Hunter -

We love and miss you. Your ohana is always in our good thoughts and prayers. We know right now things are not going the way anyone hoped - but, here is the good news - it the last week of the month of October. Here is our wish - that the better month of November gets here FAST! We went to Bubba Gump's last night and toasted the Botkin family. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I want to share with you a blog from my friends caringbridge site. He was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor 8 months ago. This blog is written from his wife:
People have been known to say to me, “I don’t know how you manage. I couldn’t do it.” I don't quite know what to say to that comment. I want to ask them if they think this was optional and I chose it. Perhaps they think one day God said, “Hey what do you Mohlers think about some cancer?” And we responded, “What a great opportunity for us to show everyone how well we can cope! Bring it on!” What I actually say outloud is usually something like, "I only make it by leaning into God's amazing grace."

We don’t get to choose our circumstances. But, we still have a choice.

In movie The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Frodo, the ring bearer says, “I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.” Gandalf replies, “So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”

As we have said many times in response, Our choice is joy and hope. Love and laughter are our traveling companions. We are continually amazed and humbled by His grace.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Karen Harr (CHS)

Unknown said...

Eric, Youv'e come too far to lose hope now. You need to read Lance Armstrong's book: "It's Not About The Bike". Get it on tape as I have. He overcame his cancer even when it went to his brain. The chemo is rough[I know] but the out come worth it. I'm a survivor of stage three breast cancer.Diagnosed in April 2008. It was in my Lymp nodes too.Contact me anytime, I'm here to listen.Best wishes. Cindy B.

Anonymous said...

I know a sister allison who loves her brother very much!