Sunday, January 18, 2009

What A Game

Whew. What a pair of great football games were on today. For those of you who wanted the teams to win, congrats. And for those of you whose team lost, well I'm very sorry. But the great thing for me, who was not ruiting for a particular team to win, was that I got to see some great football. I got to see the teams push, the players really giving it all, players hurt, and finally after all that I got to see a team win. Imagine watching a team win this important game and have all the teammates run around like little kids who won a high school game. Incredible. You know so many people were watching, but probably don't treat their private lives like this, or do they? Watching people give so much of their efforts and then hurrying before the clock runs out is really kind of funny. Most people are those that might forget that the purpose of all of that effort is really simple. It is nothing more than that thing God wants us all to accomplish. That's it, so simple and yet we so often miss it. We work so hard to accommodate all this stuff, but miss our special purpose, or just simply miss that moment to give, do, or just help complete God's wish for us. I urge everyone to take a moment and speak with God so that you can find what makes your life out to be a winner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, Great thoughts on today's football games. If life is like a football game, I say enjoying playing the game is as important as what the final score is. Celebrate the good plays and touchdowns along the way. Dance in the end zone if you feel like it....and always give thanks.
-Tim Heying

Anonymous said...

Wow--I hadn't checked in on you since before Christmas--so much to read, so many things to pray about, and so many things to celebrate. Thank you Eric for the reality check.
Phil 4:13--I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me--the way to get through every day.
love you all
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Well said! Thanks for the encouragement! You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Karen-CHS