Friday, November 14, 2008

A week at home!

Well everyone, it is so good to be home. I know that can sound strange, but getting away from the hospital to exist in your home is just awesome. I know that since it took me quite a while to be ready to come home and I have had to work on speaking, hand moving and trying to be stay awake. Every day I get to grow a little bit and over time I will be back to normal, but let me say again, It is so exciting to be home. I just wanted to take a moment and give thanks everyone. It is so awsome to have families give us dinner, my fire department men taking me to lunch and others with prayers asking God to make me better is just unbelievable. It is hard sometimes for me but I am so happy and overwhelmed to have everyones amazing help. I usually just think of myself as a regular old dude, but then this comes and makes me want to cry, just incredible. So thanks to everyone, I wish I had more to give but I just wnated to tell everyone thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear your doing well. Just a quick note to say hello and let ya know my wife and I are thinking of you and your family.

The Bluma's

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing to post updates. I am so glad to hear that you are improving everyday! I am glad you feel supported. We are thinking about you and just know you will continue to get stronger. We will have have to have a food eating contest againg :-) Have a great day! Remember everyday is a gift :-) Cindy Fojo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update--it makes my day go better. Sometimes when I am feeling sorry for myself--I look at all my blessings and see that I have it pretty good. You are one of my blessings.
Love to all
Luanne

CarolRam said...

Dear Eric
It is great that you are home. I remember the feeling of walking in the front door, sleeping in my own bed. I bet you feel wonderful with the familiar surroundings and comfort of home. Our very best to you and continued prayers from the Firefighters Cancer Support Network.
Take Care
Carol Ramnarine, FCSN Mentor Support