Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This just in.....

As many of you know the first MRI after all the radiation and CHEMO treatment was to be completed in May. Well I had the first test a few weeks ago and the 1st doctor thought it looked good but we had to wait for the official report. We waited almost 2 week and saw the neurosurgeon and got the official report. We should have known somthing was wrong when he came in asking "so what did the 1st Dr. tell you?"..... that can't ever be good. Well he thought that there was something that needed further investigation. So back to the MRI machine for some super duper tests.....I only had to stay still for 2 hours this time! Well that test was on Friday at 6am yeah that's right 6am, yikes! Then we had to wait over the holiday weekend for the results. To make matters worse our Friday's Dr. appt. got moved up to Tuesday (today), the same day we meet with the neurosurgeon, so we thought for sure it was bad news and they both wanted to be there. So all weekend we worried and discussed the big life issues contemplating what our future had in store for us and the family. Well it turns out all that worrying was because our CHEMO Dr. has jury duty and was not going to be there on Friday! Anyhow we meet with both Dr.'s and they both said that the radiology report came back stating that the spot they see most likely is not a tumor but they can not definitely rule that possible out. So basically they don't know if it is or isn't anything! Well you are asking so what does that mean? It means that we all wait another month and see what the next MRI comes back as and they monitor me a little closer for a while. As far as Hallie and I are concerned this news is just fine considering what the alternative could have been.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and got to spend some time with the family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you were on that emotional rollercoaster! It is crazy that as much as we know about cancer we don't know it all! Just keep thinking positive and keep your chin up. I learned from that Professor that was on Oprah and his wife, don't think about what it not helpful, it takes the positive and some of the fun out of it. Just think about the hopeful. I am thinking about you guys. And hey it is almost summer! Cindy Fojo
Thank you so much for the card. It helps :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric and Hallie,

It was so nice seeing you both out having fun with friends. Bob and I enjoyed seeing and talking to you. You are both amazing. Take care. Always in our thoughts and prayers.

Trina and Bob

Anonymous said...

Your's truly is an unknown journey. You have both been such a positive influence upon my life--I love you both, and Hunter, too. Just think Eric, after next week Hallie will be able to take the puppy out and you can rest. Keep up the positive thoughts.
Love
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric! I took your words to heart and gave up that 15 minutes of TV. My kids and wife are everything to me. Thak you for your inspiring words! If there is anything my family or I can do for you, please feel free to call and let us know. I hope you are feeling OK? We miss you at work and the crzy days that we have. I wish you well my friend, your friend, Mike Weatherbie