Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers's Day.

Hey Everyone! Happy Mother's Day. Hope all had a wonderful and exciting day, and had an opportunity to speak to those important females and took a minute to say thank you. Thank you for dreams, hope, discipline, and most important love. The mother has helped us learn, grow, experiment and succeed in all of these wonderful areas. Again to all mothers, young and old, thank you for all your hard work. I especially want to thank my mom for all her love and support over the years and to my mother-in-law who raise a wonderful daughter whom I love dearly.

As for me I am so glad that Friday night was my last chemo pill for this month. The increase in my milligrams has had much more negativity than all the other previous chemo pills. As I described to Hallie, it just makes me feel "blah". The more I felt this it seemed as though a better description is just constant nausea. As all the previously pregnant women know once you feel nauseous you struggle to eat. Well, with no eating your body reminds you that you are hungry with headaches, growling tummies, and basic hunger pains. So the patterns repeats, nausea, hunger, headache......AHHHHH. Anyway I'm looking forward to this next week to get back to normal hopefully really quickly so I can return to the great eater that all my fire department brothers know that I am deep inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there with the nausea, it's the worst but at least now you can relate to all us women! Ha, ha! Your new addition is adorable and I'm pretty sure our Holly would love to meet her and play tennis ball!

Your positive attitude will get you through this, keep laughing and giving it all to God. You have done phenomenal so far and I know that God's "hotline" is filled with messages of your HEALING.

Take care and continue to keep your great outlook.

Love,

Terry & Liz Miller

Anonymous said...

Hope you all have a well deserved break. Congratulations on Hunter's 1st communion. Eric and Haley, I hope you don't mind what I am about to say, but---I never listen to anyone. All of those who are reading Eric's blog--the family needs continuous prayer. Please hold them in your hearts and prayers. And as you think of all of those who have given their lives for our country this Memorial Day, also remember all of the men and women who give their lives daily to keep us safe--not only the soldiers, but those at home--firemen and police. We can never repay you for all you do for us.
Special prayers to the Botkins--
Luanne