Friday, October 26, 2007

Yea, Surgery is over!


Well I finally got to return home following a wonderful surgery to my silly head. It is pretty funny to see a side that is full of 24 staples. I always thought I was going to get a small little hole in my skull, but surprised to believe that the surgery placed a 4" hole in my skull, moved my ear, cut my temple muscle and then put it all back together. Well I am very excited that the surgeon said that he thought everything was good and I just needed some time to work on getting all back to normal. I had a few moments with all the nurses and my iv history. Holey mackerel. Being a paramedic for over ten years I had to keep talking to them about some things. Anyway, they were all very nice and were happy to keep the morphine coming. My movement was pretty good and I was very excited that this big thing was removed and now I was just focused on the recovery so that I could get back to being me.

No comments: