Monday, October 22, 2007

Change gears?

I spent the morning meeting the new neuro-surgeon named Mark Spicer. Life is a little funny when I show up to see a doctor that I have never used or needed before now. He pulled open all the MRI films and made a statement that I needed to have surgery on my head immediately. He stated that he needed to go in and remove the thing that we could see before it became a huge problem. Whew! Again more interesting info that I probably never got to see or understand. Well when should I get this surgery done? Tomorrow, and get it immediately. Another shock to my system. He came over to the table and started asking me more questions to help me realize why this was something that needed to be taken care of immediately, yet it was still a little hard to see the whole thing. Brain surgery tomorrow morning. WOW. I knew this was something that was right and needed but what a great issue that was suddenly all overwhelming. Here I was a regular guy that had never had any sort of medical issues for my whole life and now this thing that was so big. Again WOW! I spent the rest of the day at the hospital getting all the tests completed so that I would be cleared for surgery on Tuesday morning.

No comments: