Thursday, November 15, 2007

Finally the City of Hope is found

Well today I got to meet with some of the few doctors who are at the City of Hope. I was clear that I wanted to make sure that the current doctors I was working with were focused on me and giving me the "A" plan. That was what I always wanted. I met the Medical Oncology Doctor who asked me lots of questions and then brought up some different options for me based on the small item in my brain that still needed to be removed. WHAT? What ever are you talking about. Well she calmly stated that while looking at the new MRI, which was just done as the starting point before the chemo and the radiation, she was concerned and then got the neurosurgeon to look at the item. When asked if I wanted to talk to this doctor who I didn't even know, I said oh yes! Well he came into the room and discussed many different things with me, the guy who didn't even have a previous appointment with this me, the new patient, for about 45 minutes. We discussed all of the options, some of the benefits and some of the challenges and while I'm upset that there is something still in my brain that will kill me, I really enjoyed how he was able to share emotions and be a friend of mine. I also love the fact that he spoke slowly and calmly and included Hallie with many thoughts and options. I also have to say that I really like the fact that I spoke with three doctors today who all working together which is not the same thing that had happened before. These three all acted as though they are a team which will have a direct benefit for Eric. Kind of kewl. So now I'm set for surgery on Monday the 26 at 11am.

No comments: