Thursday, June 10, 2010

Forks and Decisions

In life we often come to a fork in the road, decisions are made and our lives can change for good or bad. It seems that the last 5 months I have had many forks in the road. Decisions had to be made which definitely changed my life. Some have been hard, some have been easy and I am still waiting on the results of most of them. This week one of the decisions I made had to be finalized. It was a very difficult thing for me to do. I had to clean out my class and pack up my stuff. It felt like I had to say goodbye to another family member. I have grown to love my kids as my own, I would do anything for them. The decision to leave my class was one that did not come easy but because of the fork in the road I was made to make a decision. On the other side of this decision is Hunter and my need to be with him during this difficult time in our lives. I know that my students will miss whatever I was able to bring to the class and hopefully my replacement can fill the void and treat them as if they are family. So as another chapter in my life changes and doors open and close I hope I made the right decision for the sake of my students, my son and for me.

God bless,
Hallie

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm sure it was a hard decision but based on my experience, it is so helpful to be with your child(ren) if you can do it. In my case, my kids were so little that I felt like I had no choice but to stay at home for awhile. At almost 17 months later, I still can't imagine going back yet. Enjoy your time with your son!

Anonymous said...

The kids, specifically Elyce, will miss you lots, but we not only had a great teacher and mentor, but we have made a dear friend for life.

The Leivas Family

Anonymous said...

You made the right decision, Hallie. Had you continued to work you would have second guessed yourself forever. You cannot error with investing in Hunter. God Bless, Todd Gooch

Anonymous said...

I echo what these other folks have said. You are wise to step out of your beloved classroom for awhile, and let go of the responsiblities of being a teacher and trade them for this time with Hunter. He has a great mom, and is blessed in you, Hallie. You will eventually get back there, but this time cannot be recaptured, and Hunter needs you to be available. Smart gal! I am proud of you.
Hugs, and much love,
Sue